“Paradise on earth”
Review of Amori Villas

Amori Villas
Ranked #2 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We've just returned from 5 wonderful nights staying at Amori Ubud. In regards to location, room comfort and service - it's the nicest of any accommodation that we have stayed in.
It's just far enough out of Ubud to give a feeling of tranquility, but close enough to duck into town if you feel the need. Our driver Danny was always prompt and happy to drive us places and pick us up.
The infinity pool is a beautiful feature and the staff very helpful and unintrusive.
We thought we'd go into town each night for dinner but the lure of being able to dine in a quiet, peaceful setting, overlooking the infinity pool and beyond thankfully made us change our minds! The meals were wonderful, the chef taking great delight in excelling in flavour and presentation.
We couldn't fault Amori and will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 10, 2010

No words are worthy enough to be able to describe my stay at Amori Villa.

A month after my stay at Amori Villa, I reminisce of our unplanned 7 day stay at Amori. Thank-you, Peta and staff (especially Kadek) for allowing me to fall in love with you all and the magic of Ubud. Your genuine hospitality was above and beyond what a tourist normally experiences. We were welcomed into your heart and into your home and for that I am eternally grateful. Your assistance allowed me to immerse myself in experiencing and appreciating the true Balinese culture.

As much as this holiday was intended to recharge my batteries by doing nothing other than take the occasional walk, read a book by the pool and take a dip. Amori’s convenient location and magical surroundings enticed me to want to immerse myself into a mystical paradise.

If you are looking for something more than just a holiday, you will not be disappointed by staying at Amori. If you are looking to experience the true Bali (removed from western style commercialism) and get to know its warm and generous inhabitants, there in no other place to experience this but with the assistance of the Amori staff. Peta and Rick have brought the best of home (Australia) with them to Amori.

I cannot wait to introduce both Amori and Ubud to my two daughters and continue my romantic Balinese journey. Cannot to see you all again.

Anna, Melbourne, Australia.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2010

This hotel was amazing! Beautiful villa with fantastic staff and incredible views! Would Highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to relax! Not a single bad thing to say.. Just amazing!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Nestled along a picturesque hillside in Ubud, Bali, you will find an unlikely spot for a holiday destination. In fact, when my wife told me that we would be spending the one week leave I had all year in Bali, I thought, great! How am I supposed to relax in a hectic tourist mecca like Bali. Then she said we would be staying at Amori Villas in Ubud, I said, what? Where? “I need to relax and unwind”, I complained. “You will, look at these photos”, she insisted, pointing to the Amori website, and I must admit, they did look good.
I made my plans to relax beside the pool and unwind in the tranquillity that Amori promised. It was a simple plan, it was elegant, and it was doomed to fail once we arrived and my wife became immersed in the cultural extravaganza on offer in Ubud.
Gone was my hope of relaxing by the huge infinity pool that stretched out from the hillside. Gone was my dream of sleeping til noon in the huge King sized bed. Gone was any hope of relaxing as my wife plotted with the staff, planning activities that they were more than happy to arrange for us.
I travel quite a bit on business, and I have never, met any hotel staff that were friendlier or more genuinely interested in helping guests achieve their holiday goals. The household staff would always be on hand to assist with guest’s needs. A driver was always available to ferry us back and forth from the centre of Ubud where all of the restaurants and shops are located. Not that we dined out much as the catering staff provided us with amazing meals that kept us at the Villas. In fact, the staff was so nice that we felt like we were staying with friends rather than employees of a resort.
The owners of Amori Villas have done everything right. They have chosen excellent staff who provide a high quality of service while the guest accommodation is an blend of Balinese architecture and Western comfort.
In the end, I did not achieve my holiday goals but I had a fabulous time staying in fabulous accommodation at a fabulous destination. I highly recommend Amori Villas to those who want to truly enjoy their holidays, and retain the kind of memories that will get you through the next 11 months at work as you dream of your next visit to Ubud and Amori Villas.
Sam. Melbourne.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Amsterdam - nov 09.
what an incredible, glorious 6 days we had we our 2 children at 'balinese style' AmoriVilla! If you like luxury, good service, a relaxed atmosphere, romantic ambiance and you need some new inspiration or just a rest, dont hesitate and go here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Amori and its staff ensured that our holiday was perfect for everyone in our family. They were extremely accommodating to all of our needs- be careful what you say within earshot because just like magic, they make it happen. I don't know where they got the roses and chocolate cake for my birthday to top off the Balanese feast , but it was very special.
We were able to experience the "real" Bali and given a fantastic cultural experience by Wiz who organised visits to temples, dancing, a theme park, white water rafting and of course shopping. We were also privileged to be able to attend a local family ceremony which was very special.
All the staff made us feel special and took our 11yr old son into their hearts, making sure he was occupied while we wanted to relax in between trips.
We can't wait to go back again to experience the magic of Amori- Suk si mo.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Holroyd5
Reviewed October 29, 2009

beautiful natural surroundings, wonderful people and service, feels secluded yet very close to ubud. amazing pool!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
2 mi away
#6 of 197 in Ubud
The Kunja Villas & Spa
The Kunja Villas & Spa
#2 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Amori Villas? Share your experiences!