New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Amori Villas

Amori Villas
Ranked #3 of 171 Hotels in Ubud
Australia
“Anna R - Heavenly escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The most exquisite boutique villas hidden away near the rice terraces on the side of of ridge just a few km from the centre of Ubud. I was traveling alone for the first time and was nervous about how I would be. The staff were extremely caring and informative without being intrusive. It just happened that the owners Rick and Peta where there whilst I was staying and their knowledge of the area was extensive and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms where luxuriously appointed. I had my own private courtyard will an expansive bathroom including floor to ceiling glass looking out onto a private garden with a beautiful stone carving. The food (prepared in a open kitchen) was to die for and the chefs were very generous with their knowledge, they were happy to give lessons on the preparation of their signature dishes and mock tails. The in house massages were divine and could be had either in your room or by the pool. This venue would be suitable for families, couples looking for a romantic getaway and singles wanting to have a quite peaceful retreat. It would lend itself perfectly to a small business conference as well. The perfect all rounder for those wanting a luxurious, indulgent getaway whilst still being able to experience everything that the culture of Balinese country life has to offer with a touch of retail therapy close at hand! My only criticism - I had to leave!

Room Tip: All the villas are situated in beautiful quite locations with luxurious appointments.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Anna R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nuriootpa, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Such an amazing boutique Villa overlooking valley below. The entire layout is a journey of discovery. The staff are more than friendly; they can't do enough to make sure we're enjoying our stay. The Villa is simply stunning. Clean and fully equipped. An amazing stay for a hone person holiday, family or couples. Worth the stay!!

Room Tip: Valley View is a totally amazing aspect and the bathroom is out of this world.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline G
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Many thanks to the beautiful and attentive people who work at Amori villa.
Our family spent 3 idyllic days here, and wished we had booked more.
Wonderful location, all needs catered for so gracefully.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hobart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I work in the hotel business and have been fortunate to experience a broad range of hotels, resorts and villas, including many in Bali. What is achieved by the 'Amori family' is wonderful and unique. The vision of the Australian owners Peta and Rick (from a conversation with Peta and information in your rooms) started with building a beautiful place for their family, then their friends, then extended friends (guests) - and it has that feel to it, a home away from home - but much better - as well as being truly luxurious. We will go back in a heartbeat. From the moment you step into the complex everyone was called by name and staff go above and beyond the call of duty daily. My 7 year old daughter commented on a clip Kadek had in her hair - a few days later she was presented with the clip (and hairbands for my other daughter) by another staff member who said Kadek (who was not working that day) had sent it for her. My daughters also love getting their nails painted on holidays (only time I indulge them) and asked the staff if they could do it. Not set up for such tasks the staff found some nail paint from somewhere and giggled their way through the experience with the girls. I wish I could remember their names! They could not do enough for the children. The staff speak very fondly of the owners - you can tell there is a beautiful bond much deeper than employer - employee., Look no further - stay here stay here......oh and make sure you have the mint, ginger and honey tea, I still drink it now back in Australia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanya K
Barwon Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

It had been nearly 20 years since my last visit to Bali - this time as a solo traveller. My four nights at Amori Villa in Ubud, where I was surrounded by lush gardens and tranquility beyond belief, was everything I had hoped for! Recommended to me by family, I was warmly greeted with genuine hospitality, superior personal service and the utmost concern for my welfare. My well appointed garden room was extremely comfortable, clean and very private - nothing was ever too much trouble. The villa's gardens, pool and open pavilion, are all stunning - a credit to the owners and wonderful staff! I would highly recommend this villa to anyone thinking of spending some quality time in Ubud!!

Room Tip: All the rooms at Amori Villa are excellent. I stayed in a ground floor garden room - very quiet and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at Amori recently for our 20th wedding anniversary. We chose Amori based on its great reviews and were not disappointed. The staff were caring and attentive - we came back from dinner one evening to find flower petals filling our sunken bath and tea lights lining the edges. The food at their restaurant was amazing - as good as any we had in some of the better cafes and restaurants in Ubud. We also did a Balinese cooking class with their lovely chefs, which involved a fun early morning trip to the local food markets - highly recommended. We stayed in the valley view room which has an open air bathroom and beautiful vistas from it's many windows and balcony. Given the serenity and locale of this place though, any of the villas would likely be just as good. A wonderful base to relax and explore the many delights of Ubud and surrounds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I booked a Treehouse 1-Bedroom Villa at Amori because it was rated the best family hotel in Ubud according to the TA community. The hotel is a bit expensive but it is in fact great. It is very exclusive (there are 5 rooms only), the staff is highly friendly and helpful, the food is fantastic, our room was very spacious, nice and clean, and the view to the forest was amazing. However, I must say that despite all these good features the hotel is not perfect as most of the reviews here made me to believe it was.
First, for a family hotel, the premises should be safe for children of all ages. We could not really enjoy our balcony view to the forest because the gap between the height of the sofa and the upper end of the railing in the balcony was really narrow. We were afraid that 4 years old son could fall from the balcony. The same applies for the pool area where there is a gap between the railing and the pool which was quite scary for us every time our son run to its direction.
Second, the room has an outdoor bathroom but in the description of the room in the booking it was described as spacious "indoor/outdoor" bathroom. I had understood that there was both an "indoor" and an "outdoor" area in the bathroom so that we could choose what we want to use depending on the time of the day. However, despite there is a ceiling covering most of the area, the bathroom is 100pct outdoor, which made us to share it with bugs (and a frog in our third night) during the night time. It must be nice for most of people who are really into the wilderness experience of Ubud but it was an unpleasant surprise for us. On the third day I could see some workers repairing the ceiling of the hotel entry from my bathroom. Obviously he could see me using the bathroom too.
Third, it is not really a resort or spa. There is a pool and Jacuzzi available but that is it. My daughter had to wait for almost an hour for the masseuse to arrive in the hotel because she had not booked it in advance.
Forth, the room service is not 24 hours which I believe is mandatory for a luxury resort/hotel.

In summary I believe that our experience in Amori Villa was good, much more because of the friendly and helpful staff. I think that if you are not travelling with kids and you are looking for contact with nature in an exclusive and peaceful place in the forest of Ubud, with an excellent service and luxury premises, that is the best place for you to be.

Pros: exclusivity, excellent service, helpful and friendly staff, cleanliness, fantastic dining options, amazing views, luxury room and premises
Cons: outdoor bathroom, restricted room service, spa, location (a bit far way from Ubud center), safety issues for small children

Room Tip: Any room with an indoor bathroom option will do.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank traveller2307
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
The Kayon Resort
The Kunja Villas & Spa
The Kunja Villas & Spa
#1 of 138 in Seminyak
5.0 of 5 stars 589 reviews

Been to Amori Villas? Share your experiences!