We picked Amori Villa as a compromise between family friendly (we have two kids - 5yo and 2yo) and luxury stay. It turned out to be a big tick in both boxes.
Amori Villas is located about 15 minutes drive out of Ubud*. It is spectacularly situated with great views down a river valley from the dining area and the pool. The villas (we stayed in number 3 and the Treehouse) are very comfortable (even with a single bed and cot). Design is thoughtful and very well finished rather than super glamorous (though anyone who is not impressed by the open air bathroom in the Treehouse must be pretty jaded). Two of the villas (Treehouse and one other) have views across the valley, the others have enclosed courtyards filled with tropical plants. The villas are arranged around a large open air dining room and kitchen. The overall effect is intimate and peaceful. The Villas’ location, in a small village amid the rice fields, only adds to this atmosphere and gives a sense of how most Balinese really live.
The staff - particularly Kadek, Mozie, Denny, Marsa and Dewa - are fantastic. They were really great with our kids (especially our cheeky 2yo), teaching them Indonesian words and playing with them. They were very helpful in organising trips and suggesting places to go and flexible about drop off and pick up times for the free shuttle to Ubud. They were also happy to answer our many questions about life in Bali: family, religion and food. Their warmth, patience and kindness made our stay.
I’d highly recommend if you are looking for a friendly and peaceful retreat and a glimpse of Balinese life.
* Note that although Amori Villas is not that far out of Ubud, walking or cycling into town isn’t really an option given how steep the road is. It’s more fun chatting to Denny or Marsa anyway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amori Villas can be whatever you choose it to be - a luxury boutique hotel, a yoga and wellness spa retreat, or your secret hideaway for a relaxed holiday, romantic celebration or honeymoon. Or it can be your own exclusive-use villas, serviced by butlers and chefs, to share with family and friends. In harmony with one of Bali's three sacred rivers, Amori is designed for peaceful relaxation, with personal service which is more than you could ever expect. You can choose one of seven luxury suites or villas plus enjoy all the shared facilities and services of a 5-star resort, with amazing views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amori Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amori Villa Hotel Ubud
- Amori Hotel Ubud
- Amori Boutique Hotel Ubud
- Amori Villas Ubud, Bali