“Excellent for travelling with friends!”
Review of Beji Ubud Resort

Beji Ubud Resort
Ranked #34 of 584 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed February 26, 2012

If you are looking for a place that suite for travelling with many friends, this is the place! I went here with the other 9 people and booked the mansion, so we got the private pool just for us. We are noisy teenagers (especially when we swam) but we never got any complains from the manager. This place was really perfect to gather. The pools were so FANTASTIC! Thank you for all the Beji staffs!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank monmondidot
There are newer reviews for Beji Ubud Resort

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I love that this resort has 5 pools, all which are spread out nicely within the resort. It's a really nice place to relax and chill out with your family. Kids will definitely enjoy the pool. The staff are great - very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was simple but sufficient and nice.

There is just one thing that I wish the resort could improve. That is the lighting in the rooms (a little too dim for my liking) and the shower/bath. We stayed in a unit with two rooms. One room had a bath and the other had a shower. The problem with the bath is that the water temperature was inconsistent - one minute it was hot and the other freezing cold. The shower, on the other hand, was ok just that the drainage didn't clear fast enough and the shower area was filled up with water.

I guess it really depends on what matters to you as a traveler. To me, I put higher emphasis on the cleanliness and especially the bathroom. If you place more emphasis on the resort itself and don't mind the bathroom that much, then this place is the place.

I would've given this place 4 stars if it wasn't for the bathroom...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I spent 4 nights at Beji Ubud and the experience was sensational. I had a room at the very bottom of the hotel overlooking the ravine (as requested) and it was blissful. The mostly very young staff are extremely friendly and helpful and make your stay even better. I appreciated the free internet access 24 x 7 and the wonderful breakfasts (when I could drag myself out of my bed to go get them!!). The views, gardens, grounds and buildings are beautiful. My room was large and the bathroom was lovely and the water pressure was exceptional - better than back home. The only improvement i would suggest is to provide plunger coffee in the rooms, not Nescafe sachets, as I paid $125 a night which is a little expensive by Ubud standards but worth it at this lovely, peaceful, friendly place, especially given the very high standards of maintenance they maintain. Make sure you wave hello to the gardeners - they work very hard. Use the pools - there's about 4 of them - all divine. You can walk to town in 30 mins (downhill) or get the shuttle. For the party crowd, there is a fun night spot open until 3am about 5 mins walk down the road, close enough for a fun cocktail but far enough that you can't hear anything. I loved Beji and I hope to stay there again and I thought the hotel staff were among the friendliest and most helpful staff of any hotel I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the bottom overlooking the ravine. If you like milk with your coffee, tell them...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank daniel p
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We were drawn to book our stay at Beji Ubud Resort by the photos and descriptions of the pools and stonework and grounds. And all the above were even better than the photos. Our room was very clean and comfortable and relaxing. But we could not possibly have anticipated the friendly efficiency and care of the staff. They are outstanding. We had a miscommunication with a tour operator in Ubud and the front desk staff offered to call on our behalf and find out what happened. They did a spectacular job negotiating a resolution - which was above and beyond what we could have hoped for. We had a wonderful 5 days and nights and were very sad to leave. If we ever get back to Bali, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan H
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Bali was great, but our five days at the Beji Ubud was the best of all - the ambiance could not have been more wonderful, its architecture, stonework and pools tastefully reflecting the artful structures we saw all over Bali, and all beautifully laid out for the privacy and comfort of guests and integrated into a spectacular landscape of lush green jungle over looking a steep river-cut ravine and distant rice terraces. Even more special was the staff including cooks, waiters and waitresses, drivers, and grounds keepers - all were warm, efficient, and ready to accomodate us from our initial email inquiries to our sad goodbyes upon departing. We especially enjoyed our evenings getting to know Rika, Banny, Indra and the others who enthusiastically operate the front desk in the comfortably sheltered outdoor pavilion where easy chairs and dinning tables make for an informal and relaxed setting, and where breakfast is served each morning (included in the reasonable rates). Highly recommended, we would not stay anywhere else if we are lucky enough to return to Ubud.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Doug B
Reviewed November 27, 2011

My daughter and I stayed in a deluxe garden room (number 17) for five days and absolutely loved it. The room, the views, the swimming pools and the attention to detail were amazing. The best of all were the staff - they are so thoughtful, fun, professional and caring and nothing was too much trouble. We recommend Beji Ubud Resort to anyone who wants to relax, eat great food in a beautiful, peaceful setting, close (but not too close) to town. Thank you again to everyone at Beji!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue O
Reviewed November 19, 2011

It was the forth time for me and my husband in Bali, but the first time with our 4 months old daughter. I was very nervous before hand about our stay in Bali with the little one, but it did turn out one of our best experience of all time. Besides the spectacular view and amazingly arranged gardens and pools, Beji Ubud has one of the most dedicated, loyal and friendly team that a hotel can have. Particularly the front desk staff. The outstanding care and services we received there, werent something you can find in many places. Considering we had a young baby with us, had any extra attention to details and care we wished for.They just love the hotel and their guests and go extra miles for their happiness.
Food was beautiful and taste like homemade. This place just has it all and despite many places that you get something so different from the photos, you will even be more impressed when you get there.
I strongly recommend this Hotel to anybody and if we go to Bali again that would be the place we will stay at.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family