“Overrated”

Bali Botanica Day Spa
Ranked #8 of 215 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden from the main road amidst lush natural gardens, this calming day spa reflects Javanese architecture with a touch of colonial style. The tasteful treatment rooms are well-spaced, each with its own bathtub, shower and splendid view of the natural habitat. Visitors from all over the world return repeatedly to experience Bali Botanica’s excellent spa treatments performed by well-trained therapists. The Ayurvedic Chakra Dhara massage, Bali Botanica’s signature treatment, is both sensual and spiritual.
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This spa came so highly recommended I thought I should try it given that a main st ubud pedicure goes for Rp 130, the 60 min one here goes for Rp 140, I thought it wld be value for money.

my driver and I spent 30minutes calling them cos we were lost till we finally found the place and arrived at their spa. The phone was ringing off the hook but there was no receptionist there. The only therapist was a pregnant lady who attended to me for a 60min pedicure.

The pedicure lasted less than that. It was only 40min. Despite that I tipped the therapist for her hard work in the middle of her pregnancy.

The other treatment I had was the hand massage which was average.

When my treatments ended, I went to the main area where the receptionist had finally shown up. Most Balinese are great service providers but I have yet to see one as curt in her service as this.

I asked to see the eye-bag, and she pointed to the lower level and told me to go downstairs to see it. When it was time to pay my bill, she stood at her desk and dictated my bill across the room where I was seated furthest from her, near the door. No way to treat a guest, even if she loathes walking five steps to where I was seated.

I did not even make an issue of a pedicure that took less time than I had paid for, seeing that it was a pregnant therapist who attended to me.

The receptionist should look to treat all clients the same, regardless of their nationality. Her service leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Saw the rave reviews of Bali Botanica and we thought we'd give it a try. Rates were reasonable: Rp 150k for 75min massage. Session started well enough: the counter lady asked us to choose our oil and gave us a form to fill in asking about which areas of our body needed more attention, and which we wanted the masseuse to avoid. The wife asked for focus on the neck and shoulders which was acknowledged.

However during the session both our masseuses were proceeding at exactly the SAME pace (we were in a couple room), and there was no added focus on her shoulders. Then why bother asking? Also, the massage pressure was meh at best, even though we asked for a hard massage. To make things worse, my wife's masseuse was ill! She was coughing occasionally but you could tell there was lots of phlegm in her throat. She shouldn't even be serving people if she was ill; what if she passes her illness to others?

Overall, a bad experience. Will NOT be back.

3  Thank Stormweaver
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My daughter and I recently spent a few days in Bali. The idea of the trip was to relax and enjoy some spa treatments. We booked in for "A day at Bali Botanica Spa" which was a wonderful way to spend the day. We were picked up from our villa and delivered to the Spa for a day of pampering. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. A couple of days later we tried another local spa but it was not up to the standard of the Bali Botanica. We went back to the Botanica and had a Herbal facial and Hand Spa which were amazing. If you are visiting Ubud and are looking for value for money, a relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable experience, I would recommend a visit to the Bali Botanica.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Everything staff fantastic massage the best I have ever had.
Ambience great wonderful place
If you visit Ubub you must visit this spa

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Again, had the signature herbal massage, 1 hour and 15 minit. Tried the crown hair bath and hair cream bath. Both were great. Also tried the pedi and mani and found they were very basic, more of trimming the nails and removing cuticles.

The service is as great as the first time I went there. The receptionist explained to me about the treatments/ spa in steps. Clean place, full of plants and flowers. Loved it! :)