Spotted this place during my last stay at the highly rated and personal Ubud favorite Tegal Sari resort. Thought to give Gayatri a try considering their closer location to shops and cheaper rate for our overnight stay in this trip.
1. Fair deal for the price. At only USD30 per night, we got what we paid for.
2. Location hidden away from main road yet access is convenient to shops, ubud market, restaurants..etc. however you will need to rent a motorbike at USD5 per day to get to the famous and awesome Naughty Nuri's restaurant for the MUST-TRY barbecued ribs. It gets better with every visit. Miss it already.
3. Friendly service.
Could be better
1. Place is aging and will need some patching up to keep up with competition. The beds are worn, the lights are dim, shower need stronger water flow and better coffee making facility welcome.
2. We booked 2 rooms and one came with aircon while the other with fan only. Yet both were charged same price. Not sure why 1 had an aircon short. We were in room 2 and room 3 downstairs facing the reception. Better views are those facing the paddy field and small swimming pool.
All in all, fair deal if looking for good location at bargain price. However not good enough for us to consider staying here again when so many choices are available.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Gayatri Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayatri Bungalows Hotel Ubud
- Gayatri Bungalows Ubud, Bali