“Nice and clean room”
Review of Gayatri Bungalows

Gayatri Bungalows
Ranked #76 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed in a room here in may 2012, and really enjoyed the place. Our room was basic and clean with a very nice shower and a good fan which you hardly heared during the night.The breakfast, in the cafe on monkey forest road was really nice and more than enough. The last night we had to move to another room, I think it was room number 2, which had airco, which we didn't use, and no water coming out of the shower, not really nice but ok for us for just one night, but I can't really recommend that room. The swimming pool was very nice and clean, and great to dive into after a long and hot day. The place is very central, on a small gang just off monkey forest road,just in the center of Ubud, next to the local school, but despite all that, very quiet and peacefully during both day and night. Wonderful staff and good service.

Room Tip: Just check the shower before you take a room. We stayed at number 4, which was really good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marjanneFinland

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Ok so it's not the Ritz, but for IDR250k (USD25) per night for a room with a ceiling fan, hot water, a view all-round, wifi, & nice gardens & pool, I was happy here. The room was basic but decent. I'd stayed nearby for over double the price, & will it was nicer, it wasn't THAT much nicer. So I definitely improved my spend/value by moving here.
It's very close to the main drag, so easy to get in & out. The staff were amazing in accommodating my needs like very early departure, even making up a packed breakfast for me to take away.
They're linked to the nearby Gayatri Cafe and travel service, so they can do everything for you - car, motorbike, tour, etc.
If you're not on a big budget, this is an excellent choice!

Room Tip: Look around to ensure u get the best room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Booked three nights here for our honeymoon due to positive reviews on tripadvisor. We arrived and checked in and shown to our 'upgraded' room overlooking the rice fields. After looking around the room we decided we were unhappy with the quality of accommodation for the price we paid and asked to speak to the manager to see if we could cancel our booking. Unfortunately as we had booked in through an online agent and not the hotel directly we were unable to do so without incurring a cancellation fee so we had to endure 3 nights there...

Room 14 was very spacious for 2 people (almost too big as it had in it two double beds), however it was not at all well maintained. Mould on the walls, cracked window, a bathroom that looked like it had been installed in the 60's, duck tape around the bath tap, shower positioned on the wall too low so you had to hold it to wash your hair. The residue/ limescale in the bathroom suggested that it hasn't had a good deep clean for a long time!

After two nights in this room we were moved to room 15 (as someone has specifically requested to stay in 14- not sure why!) Room 15 was of a better standard (despite 14 being sold to us as the 'upgrade!' ) - the sheets actually fitted the bed and the bathroom wasn't held together by duck tape . The bathroom however was still very old fashioned and the place needed a thorough clean

All all in all a very disappointing stay for the price we paid - we visited other hotels on the same street offering rooms for the same price and they were much better appointed and maintained.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizilooh
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Usually we book lodging after a fair bit of research, but this time we chose Gayatri Bungalows because of the visual appeal. The bungalows are set in a beautiful and well maintained garden, with the addition of one of the nicest swimming pools I've been in, with a view of rice fields cut through by a stone path. The atmosphere of the place was serene and quiet. We stayed in the older building on the first floor (the bottom floor is called ground level). I recommend staying on the first floor or above for the view, the light and for the greater privacy. Our large veranda looked out over the distant rice fields and palm trees, where we could watch birds and squirrels. I like that the veranda had a huge drying rack. Our room was also a good size with a four poster bed and lots of windows with good curtains. It felt a little like being in a tree house. The shower was excellent. I also give many kudos to the complimentary breakfast - superb banana pancakes, great fruit salad, good coffee, perfeclty fried eggs were only some of the choices.

Now the downsides, which number two. The staff cleaned each day, which was great. I'd like to see them take some cleanser to the bathroom, though - really give it a good cleaning. I thought it was a bit dingy. Also, the sheets were a bit too small for the bed, which meant they came out and I found myself sleeping on the bare mattress. Easy, easy fixes. However, against the good rates, the great staff, the beautiful swimming pool and grounds, these are trifling problems.

Room Tip: Not the ground level - higher floors have more of a view and more privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeilaSeattle
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a very good place, and pretty good value by Ubud standards. Our room on the second floor (by American count; first floor to others) was pretty. The wooden bed had a four-poster mosquito net frame (no net, but not a problem) which was attractive. The sheet really wasn't quite big enough for the bed, and pulled out as we slept every night.The armoire was very functional, but a little worn. Our veranda was large and pretty with all sorts of Balinese embellishments in stone and carved wood. The view out over tile roofs and trees with glimpses of ricefields was especially nice. The pool is excellent -- not huge, but big enough and with a view out to ricefields. The room was cleaned every day, the bed remade, and fresh towels provided.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at Gayatri Bungalow for 4 nights in April 2012 and had a wonderful time. The location is just perfect, on Beiji lane before the football field (opposite the famous Ibu Rai), 50 meters from Jalan Monkey Forest, less than 5 minutes walk to Ubud Market, very convenient. The surrounding is very peaceful and relaxing, green garden, swimming pool with rice field view.

My room is a standard room (No.7) on the second floor so it gets a lot of sun light. The room and bathroom are basic, not very big but clean and comfortable. I emailed Asti, the manager many times before my arrival and she'd been very helpful. All staffs are friendly and helpful as well. The hotel started renovating the swimming pool on the third day of my stay, and Asti offered me a discount for my not being able to use the pool, which is very kind of her.

The breakfast is served from 8-11 AM at Gayatri Cafe, 3 minutes walk from the hotel, which is fine with me. The food is delicious, I get to choose 3 items from the menu. The last day I had to leave early, so they arrange the breakfast to served early in the morning in my room.

I highly recommend this place for its location, wonderful staffs, great service, and peaceful atmosphere. I hope to go back there again soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank WarWorawat
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I felt safe there. I was surrounded by a beautiful garden and friendly staff. The balcony was large and private, so I spent many serene and peaceful days there. There is also nice restaurant, Cafe Gayatri, near by where the food was one of the best Bali. Good value!

Room Tip: Luxory rooms number 10, 12 and 14 have the best view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Ubud Bungalow
Sama's Cottages and Villas
Saudara Home
Saudara Home
#1 of 11 in Tegalalang

Been to Gayatri Bungalows? Share your experiences!