“I was happy”
Review of Sagitarius Inn

Sagitarius Inn
Ranked #403 of 640 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I see varied reviews of Sagittarius Inn, Ubud. I stayed there 3 nights in late November 2012 and was very happy. All was clean and garden beautiful. Was nice to have a pool in which to cool off after a day of touring. My room was just beyond the pool, A/C, and far enough from the street to be quiet. One day, breakfast included banana pancake, another day - egg sandwich, the third day - fried eggs. In addition, on the buffet was all the fruit you wanted - pineapple, papaya, banana, oranges. Plus plenty of coffee, tea. A computer is available for Internet, plus free WiFi - all that I needed.

Room Tip: Choose beyond the pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank EllenJ_m

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in one of the budged rooms in the front. The room was nice, we had a fan which was enough, it was clean and big with a nice veranda. The pool was great. breakfast was very good, everyday something else and more that enough too. Good location, central but very quiet, friendly staff. Value for money

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We just stayed a night, good and convenience location, can find many nice restaurant along Monkey Forest Road, 5 min walking to Monkey Forest and 10 min to Ubud Market. Hotel provide very simple breakfast maybe not enough for a man, nice garden view and traditional Bali style decoration. We found there have a good rate money changer just next to Money Forest main entrance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy T
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have on,y stayed here once and was amazed at how quiet it is! We had a deluxe room for about $50AUD and were amazed at size of the rooms, the very helpful staff and the quiet hush especially knowing how busy street life is on Monkey Forrest Road. Staff arranged to take us to a full moon ceremony in the Monkey Forrest and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Highly recommend the deluxe rooms.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Nice enough, nice pool, I stayed in the cheapest room and it was clean, cheap, had it's own terrace... Breakfast was okay, not amazing, but okay.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are miles away from the main road!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank crazybaldhead
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed here for a week and it was very pleasent.The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean and nice.The free breakfast was fine.All together it was nice.

Room Tip: I hear they had a big price hike since we were there,If its over 15 dollars a night you might be ab...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed for 6 nights partly because of inertia and my husband liked the place a lot for the pool. I didn't like the hotel much. The grounds and pool are attracitve in a generic Asia landscape way with some lovely Balinese figures. I liked that they put fresh flowers all around the doors and figures every morning.
Inside the rooms are plain and our bathroom, at least, not at all appealing. THe air con was noisy so we mostly stuck to using the fan. There was an odd smell which I finally came to understand was from a kind of mothball style insecticide. It improved when I moved them from the bathroom to the porch. The breakfasts were not very good and skimpy in the serving sizes. On a more positive note, a thermal pot of very hot water and some instant coffee and tea bags were placed on the individual porches everyday which was handy.
I didn't care for the location which is off Monkey Forest Road toward the south end. It is set back enough to be quiet but I don't care for Monk Forest Road much as it is busy and so commercialized. We did really enjoy the adjoining restaurant - also called Sagitarius. The food is very reasonable in price, very tasty and nicely presented. We ate there often because it was so good and reliable.
In sum, the hotel is pretty average and there are so many other places with more character and a real feel of being in Bali.

I agree with a previous review. Kadek Ka is a sweetheart. Gardener/cleaning person he is just lovely to talk to and joke with.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple