“D'Omah Hotel Ubud gives you a feeling of being "indulged"”
Review of Ubud Garden Villa

Ubud Garden Villa
Ranked #257 of 666 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My partner and I just had 2 days at Hotel D'Omah to celebrate my birthday. I'd like to thank the owner, Warwick Purser - and his lovely staff for making me feel so special and looking after us the way they did. This charming boutique hotel is set in its own very large and lush private compound. If you're after five star modern comforts D'Omah isn't for you. If however you want to experience a truly Balinese setting, and want to be looked after day and night by attentive and lovely Balinese staff then D'Omah is ideal.

"The Round Bar" at the front entrance to the Hotel D'Omah is also a really great place to chill and listen to the great music played by the very handsome Bayu and his friends.

We will be back!

Room Tip: Booking a Verandah room will make your stay even more enjoyable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BaliBoy55

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We spent 5 nights here and the end of our trip to Bali.
- The room was beautiful! Modern style, comfy bed, large bathroom.
- The breakfast was so yummy! I miss their spicy noodles!
- The landscape of the hotel is really beautiful. Japanese style garden, ponds, and a huge pool.
- Library & PC access.
- The spa is also great! They offer a variety of massages & body treatments.
- The location is just outside of downtown Ubud. They offer shuttle into town throughout the day. We rode our scooter around but also walked into town & back which is a short 15 minute walk.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatzRule
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I agree whole-heartedly with the comments of Richard-and-Craig. Make sure you book a verandah room or you could be very dissappointed. But be aware that there are only a handful of these rooms available - so make your request very clear. Our room (basil) was fantastic. It was above the spa centre, with no conjoined neighbours. Very private and quiet. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Also, we booked through the Bali-friendly site and got a significant discount on other booking websites.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ray_R0b
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The D"Omah is an excellent choice if you are looking for a quiet place and a nice pool. The rooms are clean and comfortable, Lamps my room had very soft illumination not good for reading at night. It may improve a lot with good lamps on the bed tables. Service is good and nice. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Neotropico1
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed here simply because I thought that D'Omah Ubud has the same charm as its sister in Yogyakarta. I was wrong.

The room is too small, it's ill-decorated, the flush did not work and I had to carry my own luggage to the reception area upon arrival. And the inspects were bugging me all night long. I don't think it has good value.

I definitely won't stay there anymore.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ariavita
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is a good place to stay if you are coming to Ubud for a few days. Although it is not that close to the centre of Ubud (I would guess about a 25 min walk) the hotel can drive you down to the centre on every hour. You do have to arrange your own transport back however. My room was very clean and I was impressed that they have mosquito-proofed everything and provide repellent and a mosquito net for the bed- this is a particularly important for me as I have an allergy to mossie bites. I didn't use the pool as it didn't look very clean; that could possibly be a consequence of the heavy rain that was happening though. The breakfast was pretty mediocre and I was still hungry after it. In comparison to other Bali hotels this place probably fares slightly better than average.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Claire B
Reviewed January 3, 2012

If you are booking here after checking out the photos on their website, be aware that they aren`t an accurate portrayal of what you will be presented with! After many emails direct to the hotel enquiring as to what would accommodate 3 adults and 2 children we were instructed to book via Agoda, which we did! When we turned up at the hotel, we were given two bedrooms with a double bed in each. How were we to sleep 3 adults and a teenage boy and girl? When we presented to the reception area to clarify our booking we were fobbed off and pretty much told that the problem was because we had booked through Agoda. The rooms were okay..but very tired and worn looking. Our room absolutely wreaked of mould and damp. There was evidence of damp on the bathroom wall and the pool that was next to our rooms was green and remained that way for the three days we were there. The pool lounges beside the pools were cracked and worn and full of mould. Whilst the rooms were large...having to accommodate 5 of us in 2 rooms was less than satisfactory and something that we do not take ownership of, as we had tried repeatedly to clarify with the hotel what they could provide to accommodate our request! From our emails, we assumed we were getting three rooms but were in fact only given two...so do be careful with your booking. All this being said, the general staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Be aware that the cost truly reflects the condition of the hotel and the photos on their website are...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family