“very relaxing and friendly”
Review of Ubud Garden Villa

Ubud Garden Villa
Ranked #213 of 629 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2011

we didnt expect much coming to the domah, as its cheap and one of our guides didnt have a good review about it. the enterence/ driveway is pretty ugly and could do with a make over. after coming into the hotel yard i thought it was quite nice and peaceful. the staff were very friendly and informative. our room was simple but nice, with a big bathroom. had a few swims in the share pool, there wasnt any where to sit or sun bathe after a swim and no towels that we could see.oh and some tiles felt broken on the bottom of the pool. free fast wifi is good. the restaurant was average, and didnt have much of a range.
overall though i really liked staying here, its a 10 min walk into ubud centre and a few places to eat along the road if u dont want to walk all that way.
i think we'll be back

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Nothing was ever too much to ask the welcoming and kind staff at beautiful d'Omar Hotel. They operated like a family - Thank you for letting us stay and discover the beauty of Ubud!

The rooms were beautifully appointed and gave us a real sense of a well appointed Balinese home, from artwork to indoor/outdoor living - beautiful.

The day spa staff were so professional and I enjoyed my treatment so much I booked a second one on our departure date which was a lovely treat.

The restaurant prepared an authentic home cooked Balinese meal every day - delish!

The grounds were beautifully manicured and the choice of pools was a lot of fun :-).

We will recommend d'Omah to our family and friends and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This place is terribe!
After 9 amazing nights in a private villa in Seminyak, we arrived in Ubud very excited about the next part of family holiday in Bali. My family (myself, wife & 3 young kids) were devastated when we arrived at d'Omah - dirty, dirty, dirty! The pool was green, the koi ponds were brown, the sheets were stained & had holes in them, the headboard on the bed had a hole in it, the bathrooms were disgusting, no security, construction happening out the front, I could go on & on & on...the best thing about d'Omah was that the manager agreed to pay for another hotel that we found in Ubud - The Beji (amazing - loved it!) The plan was to stay 5 nights in the Jasmine Suite - There was no way in the world I was going to let my family stay at this place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve_3571
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Off the main flow of traffic, but only by a matter of minutes; enough though that we enjoyed peaceful mornings reading by the pool or on our room terrace. The staff was gracious and very accomodating. We loved the place because it had character, the rooms were clean, the staff was more than polite and friendly. Will definitely return

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

It was a very pleasant experience staying in this hotel for two nights. The food is limited but the fried rice and fried noodle are delicious. It is not far from ubud centre, It took me only 15 minutes walking from ubud centre to the hotel,and close to Antonio blanco's museum. The room is clean and full of bali style. The staff are polite and nice with smile, especially Mandy, thank u for taking me to the beautiful places in ubud.. Btw, I'm from china but always recognized as a Japanese haha. Anyway I like this place.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I'm very disappointed with this hotel service. We are greeted by a entrance with very bad maintained road. The location also deserted from the main city, some locals don't even know this hotel's location. I booked the room with buffet breakfast. After I check in, only I notice I wasn't given a breakfast voucher. I called the reception and they say they will check. No news til I visit personally to the reception and still they answer me checking. After awhile, was told we are given breakfast but it's not buffet style. The staff show us the menu with very limited choice to choose from. The swimming pool is not for use as it was under maintainence, it's full of algae. The bed I felt itchy when I wake up the next day, not sure whether is it because of bed bugs. But my friend also experience the same thing, so the possibility is there. The sofa in the room also quite dirty. The hotel offers taxi service to air port. So in view of the hotel's location, I decided to use their cab service. I make the booking on my 1st day staying there and the receptionist assured me that on the day I check out, the taxi will come at 4am as my flight is early on that day. He even called the driver right in front of me. On day 2 and the night before we check out, the staff did confirm with us again on the taxi arrival time and they were nice enough to promise to prepare breakfast in a box for us. On the day I check out, I arrived at the reception hall which is dark and empty. No one is around. I have to find the light switch and turn on the lights. I call the reception, no one answer as I was at the reception place seeing the phone ringing. I waited and waited, still no one come and answer the phone. So I walked around the hotel hoping to find any staff for assistance. To my dismay, nil. Couldn't even find anyone. I even went to the hotel entrance which is wide open, hoping to find may be security guard to assist but still I couldn't find any. It's already 4.30am after searching up and down.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Candy2702
Reviewed April 26, 2011

If you are looking for an affordable private villa on the outskirts of Ubud - then D'Omah is the place for you.
We stayed there for 6nights in the Jasmine Suite and loved it!
Its got 2 bedrooms - one upstairs and one downstairs with their own bathrooms and huge 4 poster beds with mosquito nets. Downstairs there is a huge unenclosed but undercover lounge and dining area looking out over the gardens and your own private pool and covered pool pavilion - with day bed and couches
Quite simply it was Paradise !!
The girls (16 and 14) had to share a bed but it was plenty big enough and it didnt worry them. We loved coming back to our little haven having a swim in our own pool and lazing around.
Having breakfast at our dining table in our own villa was also a treat - ie having brekkie in your pjs is really being on holidays!

The staff were ALL wonderful - friendly , helpful , efficient - nothing was a problem and each morning Andree would drop by to see how things were going and if we needed him to organise anything.
We didnt see inside any of the other rooms but they all had sitting areas out the front and the other people we spoke too loved the htoel as well.

The location was great for us - only a quick walk into Ubud - maybe 20mins at the most all the way to the markets. You could walk on the road but it does get a bit narrow - but even better there is a lovely pathway through the rice fields (take the cement pathway just across from hotel that has a sign for Gerebig bungalows) .....that you can take.
In fact there were lots of great walks on pathways around the village of Penestan with all sorts of surprises ...rice paddies , warungs, ducks , streams, temples, yoga studio and the yummy organic flower cafe!
We actually preferred the fact that we not right in the middle of Ubud itself.
THere is alos the hotel shuttle bus and they are happy to drop you into Ubud anytime.
Transport back was usually about 20-30000 rupiah( AUD2-3)

Close by was the very yummy Warung Mendez - about 100m down the road towards Ubud...offering the usual warung food BUT just that little bit different /gourmet in presentation and style. Also good eating at the flower cafe - on the pathway past the Intuitive flow yoga studio - worth doing and with magic views of Mt Agung!
We spent 4 hrs of BLISS at the Botanica day Spa - by far the best massage and treatments we had while in Bali!
Benute bar was alos a great place for lunch/dinner - on Jalan DEwi Sati - they have a blues night on Sat nights - we were there for lunch - fod was good and had a great garden area out the back wth low tables and cushions.

Final note:
I had read the reviews on here about musty smells in the Jasmine Suite etc ....and yes when we arrived in the night I noticed a musty smell in the bedroom but we were at the tail end of a long hot and humid wet season so was not surprised ... and seriously if you are going to be worried about that in bali then you should be staying in a sterile 5 star place or staying home !!
I didnt really notice it again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family