“Really one of the best in Ubud”

Ibu Rai Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 754 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: Our menu is specially selected for nutrition and natural flavors using the best and the freshest ingredients. We hope our pleasing presentation and friendly service will add enjoyment to your meal.
Cairns
“Really one of the best in Ubud”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Ok, so there really are a lot dining options in Ubud. And they vary from top end and expensive to cafe, cheap (and possibly life threatening).
This restaurant is such a good choice, we ate there everyday. Great value and generous meals, daily specials, nice decor, and super friendly service.
The menu is mix of Balinese, Asian and some western offerings. Everything we tried was excellent. We need to make special mention of a particularly excellent drink; a vanilla and lemongrass squash. On a hot and humid day (which is everyday in Bali)....it's worth stopping in just to try it.

• Visited January 2013

• Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Belgium
“Not impressed by the decor”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Impressed by the food and effort in presentation. A bit more funky looking menu than Café Wayan across but as good (more traditional).

Not impressed by the setting, or the noise and traffic in front of the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
Munich, Germany
“Great food with good service”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Ubud has many dining options therefore I was positively surprised that Ibu Rai has delved delicious food, efficient service and implacable value even do located in the heart of the tourist area. If you are in Ubud do not miss out on this traditional Balinese (with good selection of international dishes) restaurant as you will be definitely be pleased...

Visited February 2013
Bangalore District, India
“Fantastic food/service at reasonable prices”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

One of those places where everything exceeds your expectation. The prawns I had was of top quality and so were the all all other dishes ordered

Richmond, Kentucky
“Meh”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was attracted to this place first walking by it by the lovely decor. It has a very romantic theme and the tables are set beautifully. There were not many people inside (around lunchtime) so I took that as a bad sign and kept walking. That evening, however, I saw it was quite full with a dinner crowd. The next day I went back for lunch around 2pm. I ordered watermelon juice to drink. I have noticed that nicer places have much better tasting watermelon juice. Maybe the other places use too much of the green part or something? Anyway, the watermelon juice wasn't bad but wasn't as nice as I like. I ordered the potato leek soup. It was okay but kind of bland. For my main course I ordered the lamb kabob. After a few minutes the waitress came back and said that it wasn't ready yet because it was all finished earlier during the lunch rush and the next batch wouldn't be ready until dinner time. So I tried to order the tenderloin. I couldn't have that either because the sauce wasn't ready. Not being much of a seafood or chicken breast person I settled for the Asian Duck. It was very nicely presented. The flavors weren't really to my liking. A lot of coriander and citrus. But I'm sure another person might like it. There was very little meat on my plate and I would prefer a bigger portion. It was also kind of chewy, but then again I don't eat much duck so maybe that is normal? The service was ok but not terribly attentive. I guess I should have gone at dinner time. :/

• Visited February 2013