“Lovely Asian flavours ”

IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with Chope
IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 971 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen - serving delicious eclectic Pan Asian share plates and Cocktails + All Day Breakfast! Open from 8:00am until late! Enjoy a relaxed dinner with friends or take a seat at the bar and try one of our signature cocktails created by owner and head Bartender Ketut.
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I visited IBU SUSU recently and enjoyed the atmosphere & the food. The space is a cross between a restaurant & cafe but more upmarket. They have a trendy fit out with natural elements throughout.

The food was excellent: I had the tofu steam buns, the vegetarian summer roll (rice paper roll) and the crispy soft shell crab with papaya salad. All well made & the flavours were great. The only thing I didn’t like was the brown sauce that accompanied the summer roll. It wasn’t for me, however that didn’t matter as they serve it with another dipping sauce.

I also had the Lycheelicious cocktail which was very refreshing.

Price wise, it’s definitely a little more expensive than other establishments around but the quality is worth paying the extra for.

Ketut A, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Hi OneInAMillion1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and positive review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our food and cocktails and managed to try a range of dishes! Also thanks for the feedback re the dipping sauce I will check in with our Chef and do a taste test :) we hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Bali!

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Went for a quick lunch and I was impressed with the quality and sophistication of the food (certainly for the price) as well as the impeccable service! I had the soft shell crab salad and one of the juices - both excellent. The place is also on a mission to recycle, more so than I’ve ever seen anywhere (including US & Europe). Definitely worth a visit!!

1  Thank 65roxy

Hi Roxana,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us and appreciated our efforts to help the planet :) hoping to host you again in the future!

Reviewed August 8, 2018

We dined here the night of the earthquake in early August. The manager was so concerned with the welfare of the customers that he went around speaking to every table. Excellent customer service and really classy.

The food is great and the cocktails are absolutely incredible. I was sad to leave this restaurant behind in Bali.

1  Thank dan_saviola

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for the great review and for joining us inside again after the Earthquake! We really value our customers and want them to have the best experience not just in our restaurant but in Bali in general - so I'm really pleased you could feel that :) Thank you again for supporting our small family run business and I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Bali!

Safe and Happy travels!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

So glad we randomly stumbled into IBU SUSU. Reservations were full but they had open seating at the bar. The food was EXCELLENT and the bar staff was exciting to watch. Such great attention to detail. The drinks coming from the bar all looked like works of art. We ate spring roll, pork buns, kang kong water spinach, and fried chicken. Staff is very friendly. Highly recommended! Had no clue it was ranked so high on Tripadvisor but totally makes sense.

1  Thank floridastylee

Hi Floridastylee,

We are so glad you randomly stumbled into IBU SUSU too! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review and for supporting our small business! We hope you will visit us again next time you are in Ubud :)

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

This bar is amazing. We went for the cocktails which were some of the best I’ve ever tasted. Good measures and really imaginative flavours. We went twice during our short stay and ate both times. Once we had the salads - the crab salad is a must - and once just for some quick bites - the vegetable rolls are unreal! After a minor incident with a flying spoon and my drink being spilled on the bar, the manager insisted he make me a cocktail of my choice which was unexpected and so lovely. When we were leaving and unable to get a taxi, the manager called a driver for us who ended up being our driver for our stay.
I cannot emphasise enough how wonderful this bar is: tasty food, amazing cocktails and the service is second to none. An absolute must if you’re in the area. Thank you for such a great time.

1  Thank Elizabeth-Jane L
Ketut A, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hi Elizabeth-Jane,

Thank you for the great review! I'm Ketut the manager and owner here at IBU SUSU :) I just want to say it was a real pleasure hosting you guys and we really appreciate you supporting our small business! We hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Bali and hope to host you again next time!

Happy and safe travels!