“Home of Ubud's Best Cocktails”

IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with Chope
IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 971 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen - serving delicious eclectic Pan Asian share plates and Cocktails + All Day Breakfast! Open from 8:00am until late! Enjoy a relaxed dinner with friends or take a seat at the bar and try one of our signature cocktails created by owner and head Bartender Ketut.
Reviewed July 13, 2018

During my visit(s) in March, 2018, Ibu Susu was a relative newcomer on Ubud's dining & drinking scene. The owner, Ketut, spent several years in Austrailia to up his game in the restaurant & bar industry. After hearing heaps of praise in regards to the cocktails, I stopped by to check them out. After downing a Salted Caramel Espresso Martini, a Frozen Coco Matcha & a Bali Julep, the praise is well deserved. Another night I was there specifically to give the food a try. Ketut recognized me immediately from the previous visit & came over to say "hello." I had Ketut's fried chicken, as well as the chicken & prawn dim sum. The fried chicken was good, but I especially liked the dim sum. They have 2 for 1 cocktails during Happy Hour from 5-7. The Pandan Colada is another winner! I asked one of the staff is Ketut is a good boss. He responded "He's not a boss. He's a LEADER!" In my opinion, that says it all.

1  Thank BambiSF
islandadventurer88, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Hi Bambi,

Thank you so much for writing us such a great review :) my team and I really appreciate you sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. We put a lot of love and hard work into what we do so it makes it all worthwhile when we get such a positive response! Thanks again and we hope to host you again next time!

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I am literally still sitting in IBU SUSU writing this review. It is actually amazing. Pork belly is amazing. Soft shell crab- amazing. Ketut’s fried chicken- “BETTER THAN KFC” according to the hardest man to please in the world (food wise).
You do need to make a booking- don’t be that guy who just showed up with a party of 8 in a Friday night and expected a table.
You will not be disappointed- IBU SUSU is well worth a visit while in Ubud.

1  Thank Ellie S

Hi Ellie,

Thank you so much for the great review! It was a pleasure hosting you guys and we hope you will visit us again next time :)

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Found Ibu Susu when it started to pour with rain one afternoon. Menu looked great, but when we went in the kitchen was closed because they had such a busy lunch service. We decided to sit down anyway and take advantage of the 2 for 1 cocktails they had on offer. Glad we did, they weren’t the usual cocktails you find during other happy hours. These were unique and delicious. When the kitchen re opened we ordered the soft shell crab, pork buns, rice paper rolls and smoked chicken salad. It was all amazing, fresh ingredients, great flavours.
Service was great too. Highly recommended

1  Thank Kate C

Hi Kate,

Thank you so much for the great review and also waiting for our kitchen to re-open! We have had some very busy days in recent weeks and as much as we prepare everyday sometimes it's just not enough. Its great to hear you got to try a range of different dishes as well as our cocktails - this is for sure the best way to experience our restaurant and we hope you will visit us again next time :)

Reviewed July 12, 2018

We decided to visit for dinner based on previous reviews and I made a reservation well in advance. The restaurant is bright and cheery and has a great atmosphere, the staff are all very friendly and we were welcomed to the restaurant by Ketut and shown to our table. The menu is Balinese fusion with a very modern twist and deciding what to order took some time. We had starters of Butterfish Sashimi, Thai Papaya and Pomelo salad and the steamed pork belly buns, OMG everything was outstanding the sashimi melted in your mouth and I could have eaten another six buns they were so good. For our mains my wife had the chicken satay which she polished off in no time and I had the beef rendang, I like to think I know my Rendangs and this was one of the best I've tasted. An espresso martini finished off the night and we went home happy. Please give this place a try if you are in Ubud you won't regret it, as far as we were concerned it's the best restaurant in town

Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review! It was a pleasure hosting you during your time in Ubud and we hope you will join us again on your next visit :) until then happy travels!

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

The food here is amazing - we returned twice. The flavours are exquisite and the staff are super friendly. Every item we ordered - pork belly bao buns / dim sum / salad / tofu stir fry was delicious and full of flavour. Despite being in demand, nobody rushes you out. Best restaurant in Ubud.

Hi Ex123981,

Thank you so much for the 5 bubble review and also for visiting us twice during your stay! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor and hope you will visit us again next time you are in Ubud :)