“Two visits and counting”

IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with Chope
IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 971 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen - serving delicious eclectic Pan Asian share plates and Cocktails + All Day Breakfast! Open from 8:00am until late! Enjoy a relaxed dinner with friends or take a seat at the bar and try one of our signature cocktails created by owner and head Bartender Ketut.
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Small and a bit trendy/hip for this forty- something couple but the excellent reviews and proximity drew us in.

Not disappointed. Small and intimate. Small-ish menu but the food has been lovely. I specifically site the soft shell crab with basil main course.

Incidentally I like the idea of the bamboo straws being used...little things.

Fair pricing, good food, nice atmosphere, and decent service. Good by me.

islandadventurer88, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed our food offering in particular our soft shell crab wok and I'm also pleased to hear you liked our use of bamboo straws, we really try our best to be environmentally friendly :) We hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Ubud and we hope to host you again next time.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

On a recent trip to Bali we stopped here in Ubud. The drinks were fantastic and the bartenders were very nice. I'm sad we didn't stay for dinner but their happy hour cocktails were spectacular!

Hi Meredith,

Thank you so much for the 5 bubbles! We are so pleased you enjoyed our cocktails so much and hope you will come back next time you are in Ubud for some food and more cocktails of course :)

Safe travels,

Ketut & Team

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We visited Ubi Susi for the first time on a rainy day in Ubud. I ordered the tofu and Thai basil steamed bun, and then another one when it was over - it's that good. Came back for more and tried the pork belly steamed buns. Heaven. As an espresso martini lover, it rivalled the birthplace of the drink at The Ivy, London. It's my go to drink and I must say - achieving a delicate balance with the sharp bitter sweet flavours is impressive. I hear they have a happy hour too - thanks Ketuk for your hospitality!

1  Thank Thivvia R

Hi Thivvia,

Wowza thank you for the great review, It was a pleasure hosting you! I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our steamed buns so much, we have been working on making them as delicious as possible so it's great to hear we have succeeded. In regards to the espresso martini - thats a big compliment that I appreciate wholeheartedly thank you so much! I hope to host you again next time for a few more Espresso Martinis!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

The food was excellent and inventive. Best dish I had was the green papaya and soft shell crab salad, but all the dishes we had were good. Good wine list. Expensive by Bali standards, but a really nice dinner for 4 with wine was about US$100. Best food we had in Bali.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and really enjoyed our soft shell crab salad it is one of my favourite dishes! We hope to host you again next time!

Ketut & Team

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Came here one night on recommendation from a friend and was blown away by the amazing cocktails and food. Every single drink was beautifully made and tasted delicious (and almost all under $10 AUD for cocktails!) and the food was perfect. Generous servings, very good prices and all really fresh and well done. Must try the pork belly buns, Ketut’s fried chicken and the soft shell crab! Came back a second night and was equally impressed by it all, especially by the (owner?) Ketut who made both nights lovely and even treated us to a Chocolate Brûlée :) would definitely come back!

Hi Anastasia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review! It was a real pleasure hosting you on both of your visits to IBU SUSU. We put a lot of love into what we do so your positive feedback really means a lot :) We hope you had a safe trip home and come and visit us again next time you are in Ubud.