“Absolutely brilliant! ”

IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with Chope
IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 971 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen - serving delicious eclectic Pan Asian share plates and Cocktails + All Day Breakfast! Open from 8:00am until late! Enjoy a relaxed dinner with friends or take a seat at the bar and try one of our signature cocktails created by owner and head Bartender Ketut.
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Came here one night on recommendation from a friend and was blown away by the amazing cocktails and food. Every single drink was beautifully made and tasted delicious (and almost all under $10 AUD for cocktails!) and the food was perfect. Generous servings, very good prices and all really fresh and well done. Must try the pork belly buns, Ketut’s fried chicken and the soft shell crab! Came back a second night and was equally impressed by it all, especially by the (owner?) Ketut who made both nights lovely and even treated us to a Chocolate Brûlée :) would definitely come back!

islandadventurer88, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Hi Anastasia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review! It was a real pleasure hosting you on both of your visits to IBU SUSU. We put a lot of love into what we do so your positive feedback really means a lot :) We hope you had a safe trip home and come and visit us again next time you are in Ubud.

Ketut

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

If you like Chinese food you’ll probably like the food here. Unfortunately for me it’s a no. I had the soft shell crab with stir fry veges which would’ve been divine in a nice light sauce however it was smothered in a heavy, glutinous chilli type sauce that could’ve come out of a bottle... just awful. The dish was completely unbalanced.
I think most people come here for the good cocktails which the couple next to me we’re loving - clearly they were decent measures too! :)

1  Thank KiwiCat2013
islandadventurer88, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

It turns out you are not for us either! :)
There is nothing more disheartening than a customer who does not give us the opportunity to leave them satisfied, because as a small family run business we honestly want our customers to enjoy themselves. We give our customers every opportunity to let us know if they are happy/unhappy with their experience so that we can fix any issues that may arise and so that we can better improve for our next guests. If you didn’t like the dish you could have sent it back and we would have happily replaced it with something more to your taste. It would also have given us the opportunity to see where we went wrong as this dish is usually popular and has been enjoyed by many.
It is not surprising to hear the couple next to you were enjoying our signature cocktails we are after all a cocktail bar and yes they are generous pours! ;)

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a drink and weren’t hungry. But the food looked incredible so we ordered a couple of appetizers which were amazing. The sauces with the chicken satay were so good and the chicken very tender. The drinks were delicious so we ended up staying much longer than anticipated. I had one and I can’t remember the name but it was jalapeño infused tequila with pineapple juice. If you like drinks with a bit of a kick this one is for you! Would highly recommend this place.

Hi Skidogs,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so pleased you came for cocktails and stayed for our food :) you must have tried our Hey Jealousy cocktail it definitely has a kick and is one of our favourites! Thanks again and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Ubud!

Ketut & Team

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

I took a cocktail which was ok.
The dim sum ok but the inside is too much cooked and thus a bit dry. But very good soy sauce to compensate!!
The softshell crab was exquisite! The vegetables so well cooked and spicy. I'd eat that every day.
I had to put a 3 instead of a 4 or a 5 because the service was really too much oppressing. They kept asking if the food was ok, looking directly at my plate many times during my dinner which I thought was very impolite. The first two times I thought it was ok and they just wanted me to enjoy. But I've asked at least 5 times...
And as soon as the last ite was in my mouth the plate was being taken by the waiters...
Same when I asked to pay. They put a box with the check in it. I took 15 seconds to check something one my phone and the waitress was already here asking if she could take the box...
I really enjoyed the food and the place but I honestly felt harrassed. Please do something for next customers...
And keep up with the good food :)

Hi Chahinez Z,

We are pleased to hear you really enjoyed our softshell crab salad and thought our dim sum sauce was also very good. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our service and apologise that we made you feel uncomfortable it was definitely not our intention as usually our service is very good. Our small family business has become popular very quickly and the result of this is that our team has doubled in size in a very short space of time and some of our waitstaff are more experienced than others and I think that may be what has let us down in the instance. I apologise again and hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ubud.

Safe travels,

Ketut

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Just had dinner at IBU SUSU. We were absolutely delighted with the food and the service. You have to get a cocktail, they are devine! The manager was incredibly helpful along with all the other staff. We were after great Indonesian food to enjoy our Bali holiday and this place delivered. It has such a modern vibe! Do yourself a favour and order the soft shell green mango salad - it’s flavoursome & refreshing.

Hey Monique,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our soft shell green mango salad and our cocktail of course :) we hope you will visit us again next time!

Ketut & Team