“Incredible drinks, comfortable atmosphere”

IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with Chope
IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,016 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen - serving delicious eclectic Pan Asian share plates and Cocktails + All Day Breakfast! Open from 8:00am until late! Enjoy a relaxed dinner with friends or take a seat at the bar and try one of our signature cocktails created by owner and head Bartender Ketut.
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a drink and weren’t hungry. But the food looked incredible so we ordered a couple of appetizers which were amazing. The sauces with the chicken satay were so good and the chicken very tender. The drinks were delicious so we ended up staying much longer than anticipated. I had one and I can’t remember the name but it was jalapeño infused tequila with pineapple juice. If you like drinks with a bit of a kick this one is for you! Would highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: June 2018
islandadventurer88, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Hi Skidogs,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so pleased you came for cocktails and stayed for our food :) you must have tried our Hey Jealousy cocktail it definitely has a kick and is one of our favourites! Thanks again and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Ubud!

Cheers,

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

I took a cocktail which was ok.
The dim sum ok but the inside is too much cooked and thus a bit dry. But very good soy sauce to compensate!!
The softshell crab was exquisite! The vegetables so well cooked and spicy. I'd eat that every day.
I had to put a 3 instead of a 4 or a 5 because the service was really too much oppressing. They kept asking if the food was ok, looking directly at my plate many times during my dinner which I thought was very impolite. The first two times I thought it was ok and they just wanted me to enjoy. But I've asked at least 5 times...
And as soon as the last ite was in my mouth the plate was being taken by the waiters...
Same when I asked to pay. They put a box with the check in it. I took 15 seconds to check something one my phone and the waitress was already here asking if she could take the box...
I really enjoyed the food and the place but I honestly felt harrassed. Please do something for next customers...
And keep up with the good food :)

Hi Chahinez Z,

We are pleased to hear you really enjoyed our softshell crab salad and thought our dim sum sauce was also very good. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our service and apologise that we made you feel uncomfortable it was definitely not our intention as usually our service is very good. Our small family business has become popular very quickly and the result of this is that our team has doubled in size in a very short space of time and some of our waitstaff are more experienced than others and I think that may be what has let us down in the instance. I apologise again and hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ubud.

Safe travels,

Ketut

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Just had dinner at IBU SUSU. We were absolutely delighted with the food and the service. You have to get a cocktail, they are devine! The manager was incredibly helpful along with all the other staff. We were after great Indonesian food to enjoy our Bali holiday and this place delivered. It has such a modern vibe! Do yourself a favour and order the soft shell green mango salad - it’s flavoursome & refreshing.

Hey Monique,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our soft shell green mango salad and our cocktail of course :) we hope you will visit us again next time!

Cheers,

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has an amazing zen atmosphere in the bustling streets of Ubud. The staff is incredibly attentive and everything on the menu is amazing. We loved our dinner here so much that we came back the next day for lunch to keep trying different dishes on the menu. Can’t wait to go back the next time we make it to Ubud! The owner, Ketut even came over to our table to welcome us and thank us for making a reservation at his restaurant. This place is a gem!

1  Thank Olivia P

Hi Olivia,

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and came back a second time for lunch :)
We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ubud.

Until then happy travels!

Ketut

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Found this on trip advisor and was sceptical because of how little reviews there were but don’t let that stop you, the food was some of the best we have eaten on our 10 day trip. The beef rendang and the pork buns were especially good.

Date of visit: May 2018

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for the great review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us! We have only been open for 6 months so that's probably why we have fewer reviews than some places. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ubud and look forward to seeing you again next time. :)

Safe travels!