“Amazing food and cocktails”

IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with Chope
IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 971 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen - serving delicious eclectic Pan Asian share plates and Cocktails + All Day Breakfast! Open from 8:00am until late! Enjoy a relaxed dinner with friends or take a seat at the bar and try one of our signature cocktails created by owner and head Bartender Ketut.
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

The manager of the restaurant was so friendly and made cocktail and meal suggestions for both meat eaters and vegetarians and everything suggested was delicious. It was our favourite place to eat in Ubud and wish we had more time to eat here again. We ordered the pork belly, twice cooked chicken, beef rendang and the mandarin bbq tofu crepes and we could not fault a thing. The serving sizes are quite large and reasonably priced.It’s worth booking a table so you don’t miss out.

islandadventurer88, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Hi Emily,

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here in Trip Advisor and are so glad we hit the mark with our food, cocktails and service! We hope you visit us again next time you are in Ubud!

Safe travels!

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

The fried chicken was so good we had to order a second one.. dragonfruit kombucha cocktail was incredible too.. dim sum were nothing special.. pretty decent place and fast service

Hi Blake,

Thank you for the great review! So glad you enjoyed our KFC 'Ketut's Fried Chicken' and our Dragon Kombucha cocktail :) I will check in on the dim sum and see if we can make them as good as our KFC! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

We ate here one night and tried several apps. First off as all the reviews say the cocktails are truly the best we had on our two week trip in Bali. Soooo good! The staff and service was top notch. We tried 4-5 apps, they were all good, but the highlight was definitely the cocktails!

Hi Hillary,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us, in particular our cocktails! Hoping to see you again next time you are in Ubud!

Reviewed June 2, 2018

Fantastic location in Ubud near the Monkey Sanctuary. Nice selection of food on the menu including vegetarian. Staff are super helpful and friendly

Hi Gregg,

Thank you so much for the 5 bubble review! It was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to see you again next time you are in Ubud.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I went for lunch with friends after hearing Ibu SuSu s rated one of the best restaurants in Ubud.
It has a lovely clean atmosphere however the road noise is annoying as it makes hearing a bit difficult.
I was going to order the pork belly but my friend said he'd had it and maybe try something else, so I ordered the cheesburger with slaw. It was okay - about the same quality you'd find in an average Austalian Pub which was bit dissapointing - I expected better.
I also tried my friends chicken dishwhich was very tender, however it was overpowered by the excessive soy sauce.
The staff were friendly but could be a bit more attentive re clearing the table etc.
Overall is was ok - if I go back I'll try their cocktails first.

1  Thank jahthink

Hi Jahthink,
Thank you for your thoughtful review!
Yes good idea to come back and try the cocktails at the cocktail bar :) we are after all first and foremost a cocktail bar but since opening due to our customers enjoyment of our small food offering we have somehow become a full blown restaurant which was not part of our plan but we have had to adjust our expectations as our small restaurant has rapidly grown.

Speaking of expectations I do apologise that your experience did not meet yours. While we do not profess to be one of ‘the best restaurants’ in Ubud - who goes to a Cocktail Bar/Asian restaurant and orders a burger and no cocktail or Asian food? Lol you should have gone with your gut and ordered the pork belly!

In all fairness I agree our burger is an ‘average Australian pub standard burger’ - we keep meaning to make it super kickass awesome but as we are not burger specialists it hasn’t been a priority. We have doubled our staff over the past 6 weeks so training them to make our core dishes has been our number one priority and after the post Galungan May 2018 tempeh, tofu, green papaya AND avocado shortage I am actually relieved to hear that you were able to order what you wanted from our menu.

I think pretty much every restaurant has winning dishes, our pork belly, beef rendang and duck curry are customer favourites..
the chicken dish as stated in the menu has a master reduction sauce reduction and that is the nature of the dish.. and many customers enjoy it though tastes can differ greatly of course.

In regards to the noise we do wish we had the perfect peaceful Ubud location but they were all taken so we have had to work with what we’ve got. There are usually enough seats inside for customers wishing to have a slightly quieter experience funnily many of our customers don’t mind and some even enjoy the chaos we have one regular or relishes it, I know crazy right?

In all seriousness I am really disappointed that you didn’t find our service attentive enough it is usually spot on and funnily enough in the past week we have had two reviews saying we were over attentive so we have come to realise it is impossible to please everyone especially when our guests come from all over the world and walks of life no matter how hard we try all we can do is our best.
I hope you come and give our cocktails a try next time - until then happy eating and I look forward to ready your reviews of other Ubud eateries!