“Excellent!”

IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with Chope
IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 971 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen - serving delicious eclectic Pan Asian share plates and Cocktails + All Day Breakfast! Open from 8:00am until late! Enjoy a relaxed dinner with friends or take a seat at the bar and try one of our signature cocktails created by owner and head Bartender Ketut.
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

We came here for an evening meal during our stay in Ubud. We had starters and mains both of which were excellent quality and very good value. The duck pancakes and chicken wings tasted great. The need for the main was huge with so much meat and again had a great flavour. Nicely presented and had a good atmosphere. The owner cane over and made sure everything was ok and seemed very friendly. Great place for a relaxed and informal meal. Well done!

islandadventurer88, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Hi Grant,

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor and are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Hoping to host you again next time!

Thanks again!

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

This was our favourite place in Ubud. The cocktails are amazing! The food is fantastic. The ambience is perfect. I’m so sad we only got to go once.

Go here. You won’t regret it.

Hi Rue1974,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so pleased you enjoyed yourself so much you were disappointed to not be able to visit us again haha thats a big compliment! Hoping you will come back to Bali soon for some more cocktails!

Until then safe travels!

Cheers,

Reviewed May 31, 2018

After browsing eateries in Ubud on Tripadvisor, I settled upon this place. It was easy to find and we accepted their offer of a table by the roadside. The place had a nice ambience and we went about choosing our first drinks. I started off with a Salted Caramel Espresso Martini. 2017 was the year that literally everything added Salted Caramel to the ingredients list but I must admit I have quite a penchant for it. Was it good? Hell yes. Does it make the original Espresso Martini seem lacking now? Not at all. Props to the mixologists here as the drinks are very good indeed. Food-wise, we went for a starter of Pork Belly steamed buns followed by mains of Crispy Softshell Crab and Basil, Tamarind Black Cod. Portion sizes were decent, I always seem to eat for 2 myself yet this did suffice. The steamed buns were tasty but a bit of a let-down to be honest. The same buns from Wagamamas back home in the UK are better (and that's not setting the bar all that high either). Anytime I see Softshell Crab on the menu, I just have to go for it. Due to this I've sampled this dish many times all over the world. I was expecting good things here but sadly fell far short. I love the exquisite taste of crab, but in my opinion, the accompanying sauce was far too overpowering and distracted from the taste of the meat itself. The same was true with the Black Cod; the Tamarind sauce was too overpowering to appreciate the delicate taste of the Cod. After a slightly disappointing set of mains, it was time to try a few more cocktails. I started with a 'Hey Jealousy' after spying Jalapenos in the list of ingredients. When it came out I was blown away by the presentation. What initially looked like a slice of pork belly on a skewer placed atop of the glass was actually caramelised pineapple and my god was it a game changer! Gobsmacked at how well it worked with the cocktail. The drink as a whole was just incredible. Our waiter was kind enough to get another caramelised pineapple added to the next cocktail 'The Traditionalist' Again, this was truly wonderful; the bar team are onto a winner here.

To sum it up, food 7/10, drinks 10/10.

Side note: It did dawn on me after eating here that using Tripadvisor in a location such as Ubud is more than likely going to catered heavily for tourists. For my next meals out, I'm going to steer clear of this site for a change and get some recommendations from the locals instead.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a comprehensive review! We are first and foremost a cocktail bar so we are very happy to receive a 10/10 for our drinks. In regards to the food we take your comments on board, for sure our buns could be softer and that is something our team has been working on, some of the other dishes of course are a matter of taste and many of our customers enjoy them immensely although I do agree that the sauce of the black cod could be overwhelming for some. Our Kitchen team has actually doubled in size in the past 6 weeks so all in all I am proud of them for their efforts. Hoping you will visit us again for another Hey Jealousy! Until then safe travels!

Ketut

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

So many 5 star reviews, what more can you say. Relaxed atmosphere, beautiful food in both taste and appearance, not a massive menu but think that works in its favour. Starters come in huge portions and everything we had was so very well cooked and appealing. We were lucky to be staying very close so visited a few times. Really friendly owner, with such a lovely way about him without being intrusive. Evenings get mega busy after 7, so many people turned away, obviously because of such great reviews, although you can sit at the bar, have a drink and wait for an availsble table. Would definitely make an effort to return here when next in Ubud. Congratulations, youve got everything right! Couldnt fault it :)

Hi Anita,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us! We work really hard to make sure our guests enjoy their time with us so reviews like this make it all worth while! Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ubud!

Until then safe travels!

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Food was lovely and fresh. Cocktails were delicious especially the salted caramel espresso martini and service was friendly and fast.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for the 5 bubbles review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us including out espresso martini!! Hoping to host you again next time!

Cheers,