“My favourite restaurant in Ubud! Beautiful food, drinks and service”

IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with Chope
IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 971 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen - serving delicious eclectic Pan Asian share plates and Cocktails + All Day Breakfast! Open from 8:00am until late! Enjoy a relaxed dinner with friends or take a seat at the bar and try one of our signature cocktails created by owner and head Bartender Ketut.
Reviewed March 9, 2018

Ibu Susu is just awesome. I've been there a few times now and every time I try new dishes and cocktails - every bite or sip is sensational! They have a very exciting menu on offer, my personal favourite dishes include the soft shell crab salad and the pork belly steamed buns and for cocktails its hard to beat their lycheelisious martini! The staff are also super friendly and attentive. Ibu Susu is definitely a treat not to be missed. I'll be returning again and again.

islandadventurer88, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Hi Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a glowing review! We are so pleased to hear you have tried and enjoyed many items on and we hope to see you again soon for another Lycheelicious or two!

Reviewed March 8, 2018

I first visited this restaurant on the recommendations of some friends I was meeting in Ubud. They had been there for a couple of weeks and apparently Ibu Susu had already become a firm favorite.
I was a bit jet lagged when I first arrived, but a bangin' espresso martini and light, funny chit chat from the smiling waiter soon lifted my mood.
I ordered the quesadillas. Unfortunately for me, I missed the menu saying Tofu (I’m not a fan). It came out of my mouth before I even realised and the waiter immediately offered to get me a new one. It really wasn’t that much of a problem, I was just being picky… but he was genuine in his offer again, I laughably had to force the hand in decline.

In the 10 days scheduled in Ubud, I think I ended up dining in Ibu Susu 5 or 6 times, and even more for happy hour cocktails (BARGIN!!). Ibu Susus menu and execution keeps you wanting more. Every single dish delivers both in vision and taste.
With each visit I better understood the drive behind it all. That smiley funny waiter from my first night was actually the owner, Ketut. A local who spent 5 years living and working his butt off in Melbourne Australia to save and develop his skills to bring back home. It was then it all clicked, the Indonesian authenticity with that western flair, the overwhelming Balinese kindness mixed with cheeky Australian twang, the indoor/outdoor fresh, exotic and cool! Ketut, his restaurant and unbelievable staff dont miss a detail and are definitely all about the serious game of FUN!

Get yourself to Ibu Susu if you want it all, because its got it!!

I can't wait to come back!!!

Hi Kate,

Wow! Thank you so much for your fantastic review! It was a pleasure hosting you so many times during your stay in Ubud especially after the tofu quesadilla incident! haha! Hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed March 2, 2018

Had a late lunch / early dinner here. They appear to be focused on cocktails at that time. The food was good, a reasonable size serving, but prices were a bit higher than average for the area. There are soooo many places to choose from in this area that once was sufficient for this trip.

islandadventurer88, Owner at IBU SUSU Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Hi Milton,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! Firstly we are really happy to hear you enjoyed our food! Our pricing may seem a little higher than some (by no means all) of the surrounding restaurants however as a business we have made the decision to only use the best ingredients to maintain quality and consistency of our food and beverages and this does cost.

We are primarily a Pan Asian Bar & Restaurant with a focus on Signature Cocktails and our Dinner share plates - I worked in Melbourne in one of the premier Asian Fusion restaurants so I am confident in the product we have created.

In addition to quality product and good portions we also offer complimentary infused water, cloth napkins, hand towels and we always try and go the extra mile for our customers so we think our product is a steal.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Ubud and we hope to serve you one of our signature cocktails on your next trip!

Ketut

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

THIS restaurant in the Monkey Sanctuary area, it opened 4 months ago. We had dinner here 2 times. We had the twice cooked chicken on both ocassions, the sauce was great. We also had the blacken cod with tamarind sauce, very nice meal well presented. We had a chocolate brulle one night it was mouth watering. They provide water infused with lemon and cucumber, really refreshing. We did not have a cocktail but they are very good from what I understand, they do 2 for 1 drinks during happy hour. They are opened from morning to night, this cafe is being discovered and is definitely worth the little extra you pay over nearby eateries. The service is great, the owner Ketut looks after the serving with his assistants and has a great chef managing the kitchen. Definitely eat here when you are in Ubud.

Hi Paul H,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so pleased we were able to host you twice during your time in Ubud and that you enjoyed your time with us including our Chocolate crème brûlée! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Bali and we hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

We went to this restaurant by chance for cocktails at happy hour, the service was so good we stayed on for a meal. The waiter made some great recommendations and the food was delightful, fresh with great flavour cobinations. Modern attractive decore and clean facilities.
I would recommend this restaurant fo those looking for fine casual dinning.

Hi vbohringer,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy you stayed on after Happy Hour and enjoyed our food as well as our cocktails! Hoping to host you again next time!

Thanks again!