Candra Asri
$1,416
Agoda.com
Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa(Peliatan)(Great Value!)
$75
$1,049
$96
$92
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmonkey forestpeaceful staypeaceful placeroom was spaciousguest housejldenpasartaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had a great stay at Candra Asri and found it a really good value for my money. The location is great and the room (I had #5) was simple yet clean and all I needed. Breakfast is served on each room's balcony space, and this quickly became a highlight; all I had to do was step out in the morning and pour myself a cup of tea and breakfast would appear within minutes. Breakfast is simple, a bread or crepe and fruit, but that suited me well. The staff was the highlight to me, though. Everyone took the time to get to know me and help me, and I felt that they were genuinely looking out for me and helped me get a good deal (I double checked) on tours and a ticket to Gili. The location was great; my room had windows facing the street which could get a little loud, but I can sleep through a lot, so for me the only bother was when the restaurant across the street had a band that covered a lot of Journey songs until late in the evening. But I can't fault Candra Asri for that! All in all, it is an excellent value, but the good people there are the big highlight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank onimity
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed in bungalow no.1, on the ground floor, with our verandah basically on the street. It was quite noisy due to motorbikes passing by. The room was spacious and nicely furnished, the bathroom was good enough (shower indeed mostly HOT) but not very clean. Room service made up the room every day. Breakfast was basic - plain toast or banana toast or banana pancake, always accompanied by fruit salad. Our host was incredibly friendly and helpful, the "good soul" of this place. We booked our onward journey to Gili throuhh Candra Asri receiving a generous discount. The location on Jl. Hanoman is great, close to shops and bars. I'm not sure I'd stay here again, it seems Ubud has a lot to offer, but it was OK.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Candra Astri was nicely located just off Jl Hanoman on a small lane.
The taxi from the airport had a bit of trouble locating it but a quick phone call to the hotel cleared that up.
On arrival we were given choice of a room on the first or third floor.
We opted for the 3rd floor room #7 and were delighted with it.
A view over the roofs of Ubud, rice field, palm trees and it is the only room up there.
It had an outdoor bathroom and shower and this was a very nice feature.
The staff and owners were warm, friendly and always around if we needed them.
The room did not have air conditioning but I doubt we would have used it as the temperature was quite pleasant there.
Nyoman, the owner, took us around the grounds one morning while he did the offerings and we also attended a Kecak performance by the group that he and his wife are in.
Ketut, one of the staff, would bring breakfasts up to our patio each morning and was able to arrange tours and tickets for us.
Our only disappointment was that our room was booked for the Balinese New Year and we were not able to extend our stay there.
This was one of our favourite places to stay during our trip.

Room Tip: Room 7 on top floor has good views from patio. Ketut can arrange tours and performance tickets for you.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This well run place, with cozy rooms and amazing staff, is a great place to stay in Ubud. Overlooking a tiny rice field (more of two blocks of plantation), you can sip your complimentary tea and enjoy the view. It's very well located, and you can rent good motorbikes for visiting the surroundings of Ubud (a must!). I spend 9 beautiful days in Ubud, and Candra Asri was a good part of that since it gave me all the commodities of a higher budget accommodation.
A place to return, again and again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ruysolorzano
Reviewed November 20, 2011

A cute guesthouse, balinese home styled. Nice sized with a cute terrace balcony with rice fields view. Amazing and helpful staff, they helped us with our huge amount of heavy luggage and try their best to make our stay as welcoming and pleasant as possible. Value for money with daily breakfast sent to our rooms.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple