Royal Villa Jepun
$149
$226
$171
Agoda.com
All reviewsoutdoor bathroomexecutive suitelush plantskopi katsminute walkamazing roomhuge bathwithin walking distanceubud centrerooms are largerent a scooterbreakfast was includedbeautiful surroundingswould definitely stay here againricebanana pancakesfridge
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I just had my second stay here and loved it. The rooms are furnished with beautiful antique furniture, and the outdoor bathroom was great with a stone bath.
The small swimming pool was delightfully cold, and the gardens around superb, with lovely birds and squirrels.
Behind the hotel there are miles of rice fields which makes the hotel very quiet, and there are lovely walks around away from the road. I did not feel the need to go to the busy part of Ubud at all as there are several very good restaurants close by, and the Bintang supermarket is only a short walk away.
The staff were very helpful, with good English,and nothing was too much trouble. They would bring me a ginger tea whenever I wanted and the place was spotlessly clean.
My friend that I travelled with who is normally very fussy, could not fault it.
The price of 400.000 rp was good value.

Room Tip: Only about 5 rooms, some are with 3 beds and very large. All have large verandahs, with a table to work on if you need to.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank fieldmouseAustralia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Really enjoyed this hotel, fantastic attentive staff, great breakfast(loved the omelet), we took the deluxe, which are lovely and spacious, but our friends had the standard and thought they were a bit pokey. BUT for what you pay here its extremely good value.

outdoor bathrooms

Its a long way from Ubud, but we found this great to walk off our dinner. (30min), Lots of warungs, ribs next door very popular, to the point where we didnt eat there as we couldnt get a seat, lunch or dinner.

We ended up walking into town and back along the paths along the rice paddys, worth the effort to find these tracks. Give it a go, we found them , so im sure you will

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank voyagermarquis
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After dining at Minami a couple of years ago and reading other reviews I was really looking forward to my stay at the Sunny Blow Cottages. Unfortunately it was a big disappointment. The driver I thought had been arranged to pick me up at the airport was a 'no show' and when I arrived (in a taxi around midnight) the staff on duty had no knowledge of my booking. A room was found, but by then the place had lost its charm. I also found out that they are no longer offering a Japanese breakfast as advertised on their website. The next morning I moved elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sara E
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice little place to stay for one night however I probably wouldn't want to stay much longer. Maybe it was the room I stayed in but the matress was pretty uncomfortable and I know this isn't the hotels fault but because of humidity and no Aircon I felt like the sheets etc were a bit damp. The bathroom was OK, however the toilet broke down during the evening. The staff are really friendly and attentive. The breakfast was pretty average. I think if you stayed in one of the bigger rooms it would be a different experience. Mine seemed like the more basic option. The Japanese restaurant next door is Incredible!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here for six nights and really enjoyed it. After some nice backpacking through Indonesia this hotel offered exactly what we wanted: a beautiful and peaceful place to relax.
We found Ubud to be very crowded and touristy, but luckily Sunny Blow made up for all of that, and it was a great way to end our Indonesian holiday!

Room Tip: We had the room in the back with the Balcony. It offers a bit more privacy and between the lush garden, it really feels like your own little colonial villa from the movies.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple