Sunny Blow villas is a beautiful place to stay. I really enjoyed the fact that we had chosen to stay in Sanggingan as I think the area was more to my taste than traffic heavy Ubud centre. It had a bit more of an arty feel to it, there were lots of first class restaurants including the Michelin star Mosaik (a little above my budget so I can't recommend), the Neka Museum is directly opposite and two of the walks we wanted to do started midway between the hotel and town so all in all an ideal spot.
A few people have said they found it difficult to find however it is pretty much opposite the museum, on the main road opposite their sister Japanese restaurant. Look for a carved stone on the side of the road and go through the double wood doors to reception.
The room was lovely and well looked after, the breakfasts were amazing (we stayed for three nights so got to try Japanese, Indonesian and western) and the staff very friendly. For 375,000 Rp I thought it was good value. The only small downside was that the pool wasn't really for swimming in. It was in the shadow of the beautiful trees so had lots of leaves floating in it and remained cold whatever time of day. The only other downside was that we were the only people staying which I thought was both an immense shame as it's so lovely but also made it a little lacking in liveliness.
Just some recommends for local food too - we had some of the best meals we've had in Bali. Lovely pizzas at Fiore Citta, wonderful Indonesian at warung Pulau Kelapo and a great lunch with amazing views at Indus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Royal Villa Jepun With choices of Accommodations in Ubud: villas, private villas, resorts and hotels, Royal villa jepun no new player. Formerly known as Sunny blow villa jepun, this hotel has re-invented itself, and therefore upgraded many of its services and facilities to cater for its guests – the satisfied repeaters and the new ones seeking an alternatives Ubud Hotel. Come and stay with us - Be a part of supreme, serene and sacred experiences.Set within a tranquil and luscious tropical garden, The Royal Villa Jepun is a peaceful, relaxing and revitalizing haven, over looking a sublime rice terrace view. Just over 1 hour from the airport and only a 5-minute drive to centre of Ubud, the villa provides a perfect rural setting for an enchanting and nourishing retreat. Ideal for families, couples and groups alike, our hotel provides a variety of different style and size accommodation to suit your needs. Our rooms provide the perfect combination and balance of modern style with traditional Balinese architecture. Even our most standard rooms are furnished to a superior quality whilst our most luxurious rooms offer an extra degree of space and privacy. Royal Villa Jepun has a highly trained team of friendly and welcoming staff, who are always willing to go the extra mile, ensuring that you have a relaxing, entertaining and memorable stay here in Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Villa Jepun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunny Blow Villa Jepun Hotel Ubud
- Royal Villa Jepun Ubud, Bali