My husband and I stayed here in July 2012 for 4 nights at the start of our amazing honeymoon in Bali and we would definitely recommend it. It's a bit of a hidden gem! We had a fab time so here's the summary of the positives and negatives.
- Service was amazing. All the staff are so friendly and cannot do enough to help you during your stay.
- The spa treatments are amazing and really good value. You can have a 30 min massage for about £15, either by the pool or in your room. We both had a massage the day we arrived, by the pool, which was wonderfully relaxing after our long haul flight and day of travelling!
- There is a free shuttle bus service into and out of town. The drivers are so friendly and they are pretty flexible with where they will drop you in town, always asking us which restaurant we wanted to go to. You need this shuttle as the town is too far away to walk.
- The breakfasts were lovely and you could order as much as you like, freshly cooked. We recommend the banana pancakes!
- The hotel recommended lots of excursions and we were so glad we did these as they gave us some of the best memories of our whole honeymoon. We really recommend the Elephant Park (we did the Elephant Safari ride which was unforgettable) and we combined this with some white water rafting in the morning which was great. We also visited the Safari / Zoo Park (we paid the hotel to drive us there and collect us for a very reasonable price) and this was amazing. We held a baby orangutan and saw white tigers, giraffes, hippos etc all very close up. It was fab.
- Yes the hotel is a little further from the centre of Ubud, but they do tell you this when you book and they do offer a free shuttle. For us, we liked it because we had lots of privacy for our honeymoon. Only slight drawback is the last collection time from town is not very late (about 9 / 9.30pm) so if you want to stay out later you'd be better off getting a cab or staying somewhere more central.
- There is no restaurant, only room service from the nearby Kampung Cafe The food isn't amazing and is semi cold by the time it arrives. We recommend just eating out in Ubud, it is much better an more exciting and varied.
Overall, we had a great time and would recommend the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending modern and traditional Balinese design, Villa Sarna is one of Ubud's most unique boutique villas. The Villa blends harmoniously with nature's rich and ancient traditions. We are built in an enchanting and secluded setting overlooking the Agung Mountain, a short drive from the many cultural activities in nearby Ubud. Spa facilities offer an array of treatments, massages, and therapies that allow guests to truly lose themselves in Bali! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Sarna Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sarna Hotel Ubud
- Sarna Hotel Ubud
- Villa Sarna Ubud Bali