Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
the best spa in Ubud!!

i've tried a lots of different spa but this place is just great. very good service and nice spot... read more

Reviewed March 24, 2018
tiniwiniebity
Ubud, Indonesia
Best and most professional massage so far

Reviewed January 26, 2018
Jack S
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Ubud
from $65.00
from $61.25
from $50.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2018

We did this on Feb 2018. The spa is not a luxury spa, please be warned. When we arrived at the SPA my sisters and I stood in shock for a good few minutes in what we were looking at.

Location - It's off the main road and a ten minute walk through the rice fields (amazing) to get to it.

The hammam smelt of sewage and damp. But the girls themselves did an amazing job.

The toilet facilities!!! i will leave that to your imaginations.

The massages were amazing, but the towels were damp, sarongs had holes in them, there is no choice of massage oil, tbh i dont know what they used. the beds smelt.

If you want a good massage then yes they are good but if you want the ambience as well, then this is not the place for you.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

This place is highly recommended! IT can be a little hard to find, but there a signs leading you the right direction.

As for the massage! I had a hot Stone, and My Friend the normal balinese massage, we are yet to try their foam and scrub. But but but, these people know what they are doing! Ive had massage now 5 different Places in bali, and this by far was the best!

Sweet staff, small rice Field surroundings.

Such a great experience, highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2017

Visiting a hammam was on my bucket list for sure. On a side note if you fancy doing it at home then buy one of those gloves you can buy to remove fake tans. I do it regularly and have super soft skin.
I was given a complimentary mini massage followed by the Turkish bath. I then opted for a deep tissue massage outside with views of rice fields. The location is very peaceful and the ginger tea was delicious. I left on the back of the owners bike which was just too much fun ;)

There are spas that are high end and rather clinical and ones that are noisy, cramped and abundant on the main strip. This place in my opinion is neither. It's more personal and inviting. I would make a point of returning next trip.

Date of experience: October 2017
carikspaubud, Yönetici at Carik Spa & Turkish Bath, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Hello dear!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment,we are waiting you always.have a nice day!

Reviewed October 12, 2017

The traditional balinese massage was perfect, the lady treated my body with smooth, strong touch and made the massage so very relaxing. Afterwards they served tea and fruit in a welcoming and cheerfull atmosphere. I felt very cared for and I will for sure come back!

Date of experience: October 2017
carikspaubud, Yönetici at Carik Spa & Turkish Bath, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you so much dear Henri!
We are waiting you always.
Have a great day and holidays

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Sometimes in the tropics it can feel like you can never get really clean, so Carik Spa's Turkish steam bath and scrub is the perfect solution. The only Turkish bath in Ubud, it is a real find for the intrepid spa-goer.

This modest, bamboo-constructed spa in the rice fields on the way to Sari Organik is staffed by three delightful women who welcomed me with a chat and a cup of ginger tea.

Then, after first securing my bag and clothes in a locker, I was led to a marble-lined room that was filled to the ceiling with steam. My therapist Wayan (who worked for many years in Turkey) invited me to lay down on a thin vinyl mat on the marble slab and draped a sarong over me. After leaving me to enjoy the steamy ambience and the colourful Moroccan-style lamp above my head for 5-10 minutes, she removed the sarong and splashed warm water over me in preparation for the scrub. Then she donned a textured fabric mitt and scrubbed my body vigorously until the skin came off - quite a lot of it!

Once the scrub was done, my therapist used a bag filled with soap suds to cover me in a luxurious foam, before massaging my body with the foam and finishing with a thorough and soapy scalp massage. Then she splashed more bowls of warm water over me and I was done.

I finished my spa experience with a Balinese massage with Nyoman in the open-air bale - the sounds of the ducks and workers in the neighbouring rice fields reminded me of where I was, even when I started to drift off on the table.

After all of this, I felt new born and ready to face the traffic again. I will definitely be back for a return visit.

Date of experience: October 2017
carikspaubud, Sahibi at Carik Spa & Turkish Bath, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you so much dear mrs.Debra!
We will waiting you always.
Have a great day and holidays