“very good food”

Warung Taman
Ranked #438 of 1,069 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 10, 2018

Very good, very good! We like very much. I come with family for lunch. We eat Tom Kai Gai and Red Curry. Very delicious. I recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

Visited Taman Thai twice over a 5 day period whilst staying at a Villa close by. Each time the food was exceptional but if you want fast food I would stay away. The food is freshly prepared each time so you will have to be patient but it is well worth the wait. The proprietor introduces their Massaman Curry as the best ever and I can't disagree. Other dishes eaten on our visits were of a similar standard.
The location of the restaurant means you will need some form of transport to get there but even the taxi fare will be worth it. On our visits the restaurant only had a couple of other diners but takeaway orders seemed to be fairly brisk.
You'll also find the owner will look after you very well and keep you entertained. All in all one of the best Thais we have eaten at and we have been visiting Thailand for over 10 years yet you find it in Bali! Well worth seeking out if you are in the area.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

We have been to Thailand numerous times before and we could have been fooled in a blind taste test.
A very friendly couple run this quaint restaurant and the service is great. The place is a little out of the way and called Taman Thai on google maps.
Well worth it.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

This is a jewel of a restaurant. I ate there three times this week: tom kai gai is amazing and so is the tom yum, the red curry is my fav, the pad Thai out of this world, the Thai chicken salad (pad prok gai?) is the best. The Chef/owner is Thai and the food is really remarkable. Just trust me. Lovely husband and wife team that do a fantastic job!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

This place is actually called Warung TAMAN Thai on Jl TIRTA TAWAR - go past botanical gardens,0m Ham retreat and its 100 metres on the left side. Jean is from Holland and he is a fabulous host and his gorgeous Wife who is a thai - cooks all the meals to order. Nothing is pre-cooked. All is fresh and you can watch her cook - from yr table. Ok - let's get serious - have the Massamam curry - I ordered mine with tofu and WOWSA MAMA MIA it's fab. We took our own wine - the Bintangs were super cold and we just loved our evening here . I had thai fish cakes with no fish - substitute TOFU and why? Well, this is the reason I will come back . Jeans wife does the buying. The fish at the morning market in Ubud was NOT on ice - so she refused to buy it - hygiene plus here - and Mrs Jean only serves quality produce, fish and meat. Ask to view the 1-3 bedroom villa at the back with pool - holy moly - it's only $45 a night WITH A POOL . And why so clean - well said Jean, "I clean it myself". Hats off to this amazing little business . The Jean couple only moved here 1 year ago and the name is wrong on trip advisor - they can not change it - but it's called TAMAN THAI. - follow the blue signs from the start of TIRTA TAWAR and you will not go wrong. Too far to walk. Shoot the breeze on a scooter and eat in the rice fields and leave busy Ubud behind .

Date of visit: November 2016