“Horrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Bagus
Ranked #186 of 714 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ubud, Indonesia
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I love Pizza Bagus! I have been eating their delicious pizzas for many years here in Ubud. Usually we have it delivered and it comes quickly and the pizza is great. Actually my favorite is their Caesar Salad. However, my wife and I decided to go to the restaurant and have a freshly made pizza. The place had only one other table of customers. I ordered the Caesar salad, pizza Bianca, and my wife ordered some pasta. My salad came pretty quick. I finished it and we waited. And waited. And waited. I finally got up and asked the waitress when our pasta and pizza would be ready. She checked and said 2 minutes so I sat down and waited. And waited. After another 5 minutes I got up again and asked about our food and was told 2 minutes. I told them to cancel the order and we left. We'll never go back there again. I don't know what their trouble was - they weren't crowded and they had plenty of staff. Too bad!

• Visited October 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
“Nice yummy cheap Pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We've tried Pizza Bagus on a few occasions while in Ubud, and the Pizzas have generally been of great quality. On our last visit we did takeaway, because we wanted to share some food with some friends of ours. The staff were friendly and the service efficient.
They did 6 Pizzas for us in about 20 minutes.
We also love the little gourmet deli next door, which has expanded since our last trip here 6 months ago. So if you are after fresh meats, bread and various sweets and chocolates from different countries, you could try this place as well.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Saskatoon, Canada
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Pizza Bagus was a good value for the pricing on pizzas. We sampled 2 pizzas, the Margarita was really good and the Vegetarian pizza didn’t hit the spot and wasn’t to our tastes. The pizza was fresh and the crust was well done. Probably one of the better pizzas we have had in SE Asia. The service was nothing special.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Bali, Indonesia
“Food vs Service quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were inspired by others' reviews about this place until we decided to park our hatc-back on the left corner of the restaurant. The first impression was fine that they greet us a 'good afternoon' while suggesting to have a seat on the inside or outside.

Its set up is actually good that it has a mini market where visitor can shop some organic vegetables and light raw foods. This way the company is helping local farmers in distributing their harvest to the customers, which is a win-win co-operation.

On the other hand, its foods and drinks was gorgeous but the story begun when we had to wait for over 45 minutes to get a regular-size-pizza. Once we got the food we realized that sauces are not available on the table so we had to go inside to ask for it, instead of being offered while serving the food. On the finishing that supposedly to be a happy ending we have to wait - again - for over 15 minutes to get our bill ready. It was not super busy day as we can see its waitress was chatting each other on the corner rather than rushing up to get us the bill. In addition, the parking space is quite a challenge if you drive a car since it fits only 3 to 4 cars on the front.

We love the food so much but what an unfortunate that its service quality has spoiled our late lunch.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
“Good pizza...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Yummy thin crust pizza - mine was the best with mozzarella, prosciutto and rucola - but others seemed to like their spicy chicken and Mexican versions. Bagus!