“Nice price but the food is so so, or in some ways is very bad”
Review of Kakiang Bakery

Kakiang Bakery
Ranked #5 of 8 Bakeries in Ubud
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Nice price but the food is so so, or in some ways is very bad”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I dont understand about the other review saying the cake is good but i thing it is overated.
I come to kakiang today and was so disappointed about the food.
I order tomato bruscheta for appetizer, my friend order cream corn soup and banana pancake. Before we also try strawberry cake.

What can i say is although the price is cheap if you compared with another restaurant in ubud the taste is... Meh...
After ordered we waited about 20 minutes! And then the food came, and i was so disappointed about the taste.
The tomato bruscheta is so horible. The cream texture is really horible and the tomato is not fresh and so is the parsley.
Just one bite and the taste make me stop eating it. My friend corn cream soup is as the same as horible as my food.
The soup taste is like it's made from instant soup that you can buy in the supermarket. Just that bad. But the cake and the pancake is so so. The waitress and the atmosphere is good actually. But still the food is making me disappointed.
I dont know if they just focusing on the bakery and cake and not really care about the other menu. I feel really lucky to not yet ordered the main course.
My suggestion is if you can not make other food than cake and bakery than do not put it in the goddamit menu! In ruin the whole experience eating there

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“Good for a quick bite while exploring Ubud”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a cute little cafe. Nice and clean with friendly staff. We had some savoury food for that mid afternoon hunger. Food was nothing special, I suspect their forte is desserts.

Stirling, New Jersey
“Yummy Baked Goods”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

There's something for everyone here, including almond croissants, cakes and other goodies. Plus the coffee is good!

Visited February 2013
Ubud, Indonesia
“Clean, tasty and cool”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

One of the best bakery in Ubud. A must visit while u r in Ubud.
Very clean, comfortable cafe with good service. We tried: trufle, chocolate mouse and almond cookies - everything was perfect!

Amsterdam
“Average”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Good cup a coffee, but the baguette was very poor, chips were oily and not salted, service was ok, won't be back

• Visited February 2013