“Even has raw food selections!”
Review of Kafe

Kafe
Ranked #5 of 35 Dessert in Ubud
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Great music, healthy foods, yummy desserts & true espresso…all in the heart of Ubud… The food and beverages at Kafe reflect the owners’ dedication to a healthy lifestyle, using Bali harvested chemical-free & organic produce whenever possible, the kitchen produces a mouth-watering variety of exciting vegetarian and non-vegetarian options for every meal. Many visitors return again and again to meet one another and work their way through the menu.Inside Kafe is a shop called Kafe Kares, selling environmentally friendly products of which a percentage of profits goes to charitable projects throughout Indonesia. The Kafe Kares Project sells organic food, eco friendly crafts and health products made by small local businesses that are committed to Bali's social, economic and environmental sustainability. The project is also supported through cash donations & donations of goods which are sold at Kafe Kares. Kafe has free wireless that gets turned off at the peak lunch and dinner hours, but is on most of the day.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I checked this place out one day by accident, and grabbed a small table downstairs by the front door. The restaurant is advertised as smoke-free but it only took a minute to move upstairs after discovering all the smoke from the smoking area out front was pouring right in the front door. It's definitely a Western tourist hang out; downstairs was packed, so I went upstairs and found it to be quieter and free from smoke fumes. The upstairs was pretty laid-back, people hanging out for hours checking their email by the look of it, since Kafe has free Wifi upstairs. There were several people on both occasions I went that were there before I got there and after I left, intent on their computers while others were trying to come in and get a table. The second time I went a young couple were at a table when I arrived and moved to the wall with the cushions so they could lie down?!? No one rushed anyone out here, but that might be why other travelers experienced sullenness, you think? As far as the food, I have zero complaints. I had raw food lasagna that was excellent both times I went. First time I had lentil soup with it, and the second time I had the vegetarian samosas. Everything was great. Had a salty lassi the first time after ordering a cardamom lassi and finding it sweetened with honey, which I wasn't expecting. It was delicious and if I weren't staying away from sugar right now I'd have been in heaven. But they removed it from the bill since I didn't touch it, no questions or attitude at all. Worth a check out for the food, and if you are a considerate customer chances are you won't experience anything negative.

There are newer reviews for Kafe

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My first review of Kafe was not good, last was better which is probably why I went back there this trip. Food and juices are still good but the service is absolutely appalling - the staff really couldn't care less. Had to help ourselves to menus, food took forever to arrive and then had to chase the staff to pay the bill. This place is so hit and miss - will probably only go back if i have no other options.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

That pretty much says it all - Kafe is a great place for to stop, rest and enjoy some delicious food and drinks. With seemingly endless variety, we ended up having lunch there twice and were very happy with everything both times. We did find that it took a little bit longer than some other places where we ate but, then again, we also know that it takes time to put love and intention into things...and, when we tasted everything, we knew that it was worth the wait!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The restaurant itself is a great place to hang out.

On our most recent visit the food was a bit hit-and-miss. Some dishes great, but others pretty bad.

The service was pretty slow and sullen

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Amazing fresh food! They have a large menu with all kinds of food on it and their drinks menu was also very interesting. Everything we had was delicious and such great prices too, a MUST for anyone going to Ubud.

Been to Kafe? Share your experiences!