“Lovely”

Indus Restaurant
Ranked #110 of 829 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indus enjoys one of Bali's most breath-taking views over the Tjampuhan valley and the volcano,Mount Agung. This breezy restaurant is an elegant mix of Balinese meets Indian and features an eclectic Pan-Asian menu. Specialities include salted squid salad, warm tofu salad, salmon in banana leaves, organic salad bowls,tempe in fresh tomato sambal, lamb shank rendang and a generous nasi campur. Lime tart, chocolate divinity and creme caramel are part of the desert line-up. From 5-7pm, enjoy happy hour and complimentary tapas on the terrace, with your loved one, for a truly memorable and romantic experience.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Try and get there before sunset because the amazing views are gone when its dark,very pretty with lovely food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Every trip to Ubud sees us going to 1 of Janet Deneefs' restaurants. I guess you could call Indus is her 'up market' one. As we were in Ubud for Galungan (Balinese holiday) & some of the places were closed for up to 4 days we opted for Indus when 1 of us were hanging for a Beef Rendang, after having 'menu envy' tasting Tutmaks version.
As stated by others its a beautiful setting & ambience, friendly staff.
Between us we ordered the Rendang, a chicken curry & chick pea curry.
it was good... But my test of a well cooked Rendang is you can cut the meat with a fork, here you needed a knife as it cut like a steak.
The chicken curry was good, ditto the chick pea but it had no WOW factor. And I guess over the years as more great places to eat are popping up all over Ubud at a very reasonable prices, these established ones have to offer more bang for the Balinese buck.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were on a ship and heard one of our fellow passengers raving about this place. We asked him what was so good and he replied "Everything"!!! We decided to add it to our schedule for lunch. When we got there, the outside didn't look so great, but as soon as we stepped through the door, our jaws dropped as we gazed upon an elegant, columned, open restaurant, that looked out upon a lush valley with terraced rice fields in the distance. We had some amazing spring rolls and satay for appetizers, then gorgeous main courses including chicken dishes and noodles. For three of us, with drinks and dessert, we paid about $50. Service was amazing - can't wait to go back!

1  Thank trvel4fun
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The ambiance and the aura about this restaurant left me thinking of the wonderful day away from the bustle of everyday Bali of shopping, swimming pools and the routine of the hotel.Serenity greets you at the door, a spacious and gracious Balinese restaurant with a menu that blows you away before the food arrives.From a Balinese Paella loaded up with succulent seafood accompanied by a Tunisian Salad and Tasmanian Salmon grilled to perfection still retaining the moistness and flavours to a Seminyak Chicken Curry served from a coconut shell. Amazing was the reaction of our family and friends.Serves were plentiful and as the waitress took away my plate, she kindly asked me"how was my meal", I replied "Superb" with a quizzed look on her face I proceeded to explain the word.She was delighted to learn a word that was new to her.The views were breathtaking with the lushness of the Valley. Do not miss this one.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I hadn't been to Indus for about ten years as my last visit in 2003 wasn't particularly memorable.

This time we were in the area and were looking for somewhere scenic for a quick lunch.
Indus was not how I remembered it. This time the restaurant seemed much more appealing and pleasing to the eye as we entered. It was spacious, open and relaxed, yet had a definite high end feel to it.
The views over the ravine to the ridge were quite spectacular and I immediately felt like I'd made a good choice in coming back here.

The food was very good and the beers were icy cold. Being a quick drop in lunch we didn't bother with appetisers.
I opted for the Balinese paella which had an unusual curry taste that actually worked quite well with the chicken and seafood.
My wife had the chicken sate which she liked very much.

The excellent black rice pudding for dessert complete with sides of banana sauce and coconut ice cream (I couldn't resist) was perfectly presented and finished off a nice lunch perfectly.

Indus is a restaurant I would definitely recommend and would certainly visit again.

Been to Indus Restaurant? Share your experiences!