“Simply delicious Balinese food”
Review of Dewa Warung

Dewa Warung
Ranked #146 of 817 Restaurants in Ubud
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Recommended by a friend of mine. Delicious food, good value for money, very enjoyable. I tried here gado gado and really enjoyed it. You can sit on a big table or eat seating on the floor. Mixed public from Australians to some locals as well.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

For backpackers, Warung Dewa would be a perfect place to go. Located in central Ubud and the price is quite cheap. I ve been there many time because many friends of mine wanted to have a meeting there. This budget restaurant is one of the most favorite meeting points for Couchserving community/people regarding the price and the chance for stay longer.

For me, this warung is on my list of terrible restaurant. I had to wait for hours only for one meal. I knew there was a long line, but not everyone have enough time to kept staying there and waiting for that long. They sometime forgot about our order and we had to wait much longer. Not worth. It was not happened to me once or only to me. Same thing happened to other.

The price is cheap regarding the portion that they made. Yes it is the big one, so for you who won’t eat much, you can consider for share it to your friend who comes with you. The taste is only heaven know. Sometime it is taste good, sometime I even had no idea how to describe it. What we can say for very cheap meal? There is a quality, there is price.

The worst one is about their hygiene. I was vegan then I can’t tolerant if they put any animal seasoning or kinda of it. In the fact, I saw they were chopping vegetable in same place where they had chopping the meat. I had 2 experiences that they gave me meals which mix with chicken when I ordered vegetarian one. So, if you are strict vegetarian, you have to keep reminding them what vegetarian means. What a shame, they are providing vegetarian menu, but had no idea how to prepare another vegetarian meal. Even if needed, keep standing near the kitchen. I did it. If your order not coming in 15 minute, just keep asking again every 2 minute, or your meals will ready in another hour.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We first came here four years ago on our first trip to Bali and have been thinking about it ever since. It was the first restaurant we went back to on our current trip and we were actually prepared for disappointment. It simply could not have been as good as we remembered. It is.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Tried this place out on a recommendation of their Gado Gado. In the 18 days in Ubud, we ate here every other day. Gootama is a great street for good food (Melting Wok and Biah Biah both come highly recommended too) but Dewa Warung is hard to beat. Their food is always fresh, and less greasy than you will find at other warungs in Ubud. You can't beat the prices -we ate for two for about $5 CAD each time. Yes there is a service tax of about 10% but we didn't find anywhere in Ubud that didn't have a service tax. Also, if you order to takeaway they don't charge the % tax.
Their Gado Gado is fantastic (peanut sauce mad fresh each time) but so are the egg rolls, soto ayam, tofu curry and the rice, fern and coconut. The only caveat is that, because they make everything fresh to order, the service can be quite slow. A must try in Ubud.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Being in Bali for awhile and eating at a fair share of Warungs, this is one of the most decent in Ubud for the pricetag. It's a place where a few locals mesh in with the backpackers and they sit together on large, sticky wooden tables. The staff are all older women who smile and nod as you order your meals, and at times it can take a little while but the food is mostly worth the wait. Nothing too special, but great for a warung. Not a place to check out if you want to try Ubuds culinary delights, but worth it for a cashew nut or nasi goreng dinner.

Been to Dewa Warung? Share your experiences!