“fantastic vegetarian food”

Ranked #412 of 788 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I could turn vegetarian if I could eat so well as in Bumbu Bali. Well seasoned and creative dishes. Also service was great!

1  Thank Jexpertor

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am not sure how this plays for regular dining. We had the whole place reserved for a Conference diner. It was really enjoyable, all open air with Balinese Danse Shows in the center and Bungalows for dining around the dance floor. Wre could wlak around easily and mingle, but with proper seating...
I enjoyed the food which i never expect too much from when served to such large groups. Wide variety of starters, main courses and desserts, of Balinese food.
I especially appreciated dessert, with a lot of local fruits (jack fruit, white mango, and others i can not name ), along with sticky rice bites.
Staff is amiable.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Had some great local food here and very reasonably priced. Just off the main road thru Ubud but enough foot traffic to make it a people watching place ........

1  Thank Shirley_md_memories
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My friend and I have been having the best food experience in Bali all over the place starting from simple budget warungs to high end restaurants. In our visit to Ubud we found ourselves at Bumbu Bali and we could not be more disappointing. For the price we were expecting way more in relation to what you get in all the other place for the same price. The portions were ridiculously small and the papaya salad I had was just a mash with sugar that had been seating in the fridge for a while. I really don't like writing bad reviews but I love my food and I hate when I leave a place still hungry and with much less money in my wallet. The service was fine our server was sweet, but that doesn't cover for the poor food. Hope they get a kick with this and start paying attention to the cooking and the size per serving

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Ok so I had a ceasar salad whit traditional ceasardressing and crutongs.. There where no dressing and when I asked for some I got charged 30.000 rupia for it had to order another dish I had a soup.. It where actully pretty good and ok time for payment 104 500 rupia that's insane for the small portions and crapyfood!! And I'll never go again

2  Thank Mimisik