“Bali Buda -- a spiritual food experience”
Review of Bali Buda

Bali Buda
Ranked #110 of 772 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Prince George, Canada
“Bali Buda -- a spiritual food experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Name change -- Bali "Buda" -- not Buddha.

I loved the place: the open air, the atmosphere, the food, the slow service. I savored every bite, and it was very easy for me to be present in the moment.

Like many restaurants in Ubud, getting food takes time, and you cannot be in a rush. Yes, the service at Bali Buda was slow, but it was also respectful and caring.

My first dish was the vegetarian nasi campur. I have since tried the non-veg version at four or five different restaurants around town -- none can compare in taste or presentation.

I thought that one of the Indonesian signature dishes, the curry cashew tofu, was tasty but lacking in heat -- I love spicy. However, all food and drinks at Bali Buda looked fresh and inviting.

No WiFi provides an opportunity for dinners to actually experience their food.

For me Bali Buda was a spiritual eating experience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I loved the vibe of this place. I had a burger and it was delicious and juicy. The chair I was sitting on was so comfortable and the service was excellent. Very polite! The restaurant is beautiful, there is no wifi there which is great to be fully present and in the moment.

• Visited January 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Great value for delicious healthy food!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Coming from Canada one cannot believe the affordable prices for trendy healthy food served in a lovely atmosphere. The monster breakfast is delicious,the blender juices are amazing and the lattes are excellent. For food on the go, their bakery shop up the road is a must if you're heading out early in the morning and need something the grab quickly. Yum yum!

1 Thank bcgirl87
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
“Why No Wifi?”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went to Bali Buda for the first time today as I've heard its name crop up in lots of Ubud conversations and thought I would give it a try as I was staying just across the road. My experience wasn't great... service was slow, they didn't have what I wanted (black rice pudding) in stock and bizarrely they don't have wifi. Oh and there were SO MANY MORE ants on the cushions I was sitting on than anywhere else I have been in Bali... I got bitten loads :(

It was just a really disappointing experience... I think if you are with friends (so you don't need wifi to keep you entertained... unless they are really boring friends) and order one of the pizzas (they smelled really yummy) you can have an alright time at Bali Buda, but otherwise I would skip it.. there are tons of other Ubud cafes to choose from!

Gabriella

Athens, Greece
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I tried this place three times before I give my opinion ! Unfortunately all these three times the food was really disappointing ! I use to eat in healthy restaurants about 10 years know so I know what to expect but food in Bali Buddha is tasteless and the combinations unsuccessful ! Sorry guys you have to try a bit more give us less but better choices!

• Visited January 2014

Been to Bali Buda? Share your experiences!