“Health Central”

Ranked #114 of 820 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had heard heaps of great reviews about this place but it wasn't until I was checking out Radiantly Alive yoga across the road that I'd given it a go. On Jalan Jembawan, just a few streets east of the Ubud Markets, Bali Buddha, I believe, could get your health back on track if you were in need of a detox. I started the day with their hot blood potion filled with white turmeric and honey followed by a hot ginger chaser and I kid you not, within half and hour my eyes felt like they'd cleared, my energy levels were spiked and I basically revelled in a very deep and genuine sense of wellbeing. And that was only one drink! I didn't have time to go through the menu but looking through it you could definitely plan a week health retreat utilising this raw food resource. With yoga across the road and cheap digs a few meters away, this pocket of Ubud is a great little place to give yourself a week or month kickstart.
Namaste.
AWA.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had dinner here a couple of nights ago. The temporary dining area is an unpleasantly bright, loud space on Jl. Raya Ubud. The food was tasty enough but unfortunately the service was embarrassingly bad. Several tables had to practically beg to get their checks. Our waitress made a half hearted attempted at finally taking our order, but decided she would rather shout instructions to her coworkers than focus on what we were saying. The staff simply could not be bothered to pay attention to guests, but seemed to have plenty of time for joking and yelling with each other in a space that is basically a concrete echo chamber. Not worth our time when there are so many other beautiful pleasant restaurants in Ubud.

H0nest69, Owner at Bali Buda, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

As you mentioned in your review the space is temporary because we are renovating due to high traffic. We agree the space is not as nice as the old cafe because it is meant to be a big health food store in the near future. Soon the cafe will move back to its nice cozy setting. We apologize for the staffs lack of attention and will reprimand them accordingly. At least the food was good and that is very important to us. Real Food by Real People.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place had been highly recommended but unfortunately we were not impressed. The cafe itself if upstairs on 2 levels and is quite charming, with lots of character. It had been horrendous to find as the signage out on the front road is easily missed.
The food was OK but all of us (7) agreed that it was bland and boring. Worse, it took an hour to get our meal, which gave us about 10 minutes to gulp it down to be ready for our pick up.
However, the different juices/drinks were very nice, and it is always great to know you are eating organic or natural food which is healthy.
Would we ever go back? No.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just love that place. All organic and very nice vegetarian dishes. Most favourite are the cocktails. Like banana, almond, coconut milk and dates cocktail - just delicious and healthy. Its just next to a yoga place so its perfect for relaxing after yoga practice and restore the energy with healthy food.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The menu here is really great if you are looking for health food. With wheat free this and Sugar/dairy free that and an array of smoothies, health shakes, juices, veggie burgers etc Its a lovely place for a healthy lunch and they have a good selection of different foods (mostly western foods) The service I found to be average. I have been there 3 times now on this trip and each time its the same, you have to really look for attention before they come to serve you. Also if you sit in the lower location all you can hear are the staff chattering and the blender (no ambient music) and U found the energy quiet heavy down there, its not very relaxing so I recommend that you sit upstairs. Its a trendy type of health place that attracts mostly western tourists. I so love the store they have downstairs where they sell lovely bread and cookies and other health products such as organic veg and healthy treats.

Been to Bali Buda? Share your experiences!