“very quiet and honest caring staff”
Review of Ubud Bungalow

and 1 more site!
Ubud Bungalow
Ranked #59 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Germany
“very quiet and honest caring staff”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

we had an ac superior room booked for USD 40. it is basic but i really liked. the ac rooms are downstairs in two story bungalows. upstairs they have normal rooms with fan. the ac worked very well. the place has a nice pool and great breakfast (no buffet but it changes every day - you get either some sandwiches or pancakes with fresh juices and fruits).

the staff was really great. you could feel that they were really interested in you, your wellbeing and they were happy to have you as a guest. although i can recommend to book a tour with them. their driver is really nice/knowledgable and a day tour costs 400.000 IDR (40 USD).

They do have WIFI in the rooms for 50.000 IDR/day (5 USD) or 1/2h tickets for 10-20k IDR.

there was not much negative to say: i had not a good sleep there and i assume this was due to the time difference to my homeplace. but the bed was in general not sooo comfortable. also on our last day two people from colorado moved into the bungalow next to us and they did phonecalls the whole day outside on their balcony and talked so loud that they ruined all the peace the place has. when we asked them to have their calls inside they just said: we don't care!. really great people :-(

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank das_ubersoldat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2010

These people just "get it" when it comes to tropical island paradise. The garden surrounds throughout are perfectly kept and are a delightful oasis for relaxation. Nice pool area, too.

To be able to provide such stunning and calm environs right on the main street of Ubud is a real treat.

The rooms are lovely, and for the price are frankly excellent.

The service was fine, breakfast OK - but really you cannot complain in this price bracket. We will definitely head back there!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Ubud Bungalow is in a great location for exploring Ubud on foot. Loads of restaurants in all directions to choose from. The breakfasts were lovely, very simple, but each day was slightly different, the food was fresh and it's served in a delightful setting. The pool was hardly used while I was there, so had it to myself most days. The 'in-pool bar' is now just a visual feature these days and not utilised. The staff were always so friendly and happy to offer help and advice if I wanted it, but didn't hassle me which was perfect.

I had a non A/C room. There was a very efficient fan in the roof, but no fly screens on the windows or netting over the bed, so if you wanted a breeze from outside to help cool down, it meant opening a window and potentially letting mosquitoes in. I wasn't too thrilled about this aspect. No fridge in room or complementary bottles of water when you arrive which may have been a nice touch given the heat. Very steep steps up to the top floor rooms.

My only gripe was I had paid my first night via pay pal, but when I went to leave, I was asked to pay for all nights. They obviously have a system where they are supposed to print out the pay pal receipts and put them in a folder for the front of house staff to refer to when people check out. These staff do not however have access to the password on the computer in the office, so they could not verify I had already paid the first night. I was asked to boot up my laptop to show them my copy of the receipt, which I did. I then went out for a few hours, came back to collect my luggage and was asked to go through the whole rigmarole again of booting up the laptop to show someone else my copy of the receipt. Lucky I was in a relaxed and happy place after spending 4 happy nights here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
central coast
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed here in August for 3 nights and found this Accomadation perfect.
The rooms are clean,location perfect,staff friendly and Wayan to be a wonderful host.
We did have a slight problem with red ants in the bathroom and on the front porch but just sprayed them.
Breakfast is limited ,but most people eat fruit , toast and drink tea and coffee. The lighting on the path to the rooms of a night isnt the best ,so make sure you have a torch with you. Some tiles on the step in the pool where broken ,but didnt worry any of us .
Over all this is a fantastic place and we would stay here again.
Also no tea and coffee making facilities in room or TV ,but who cares its a holiday.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
australia
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stayed in ubud Bungalows last year and little has changed since the last visit which also scored 5 stars. This trip I opted for a fan cooled room upstairs. It was a lovely large airy room with huge bamboo beds and large bathroom. The price was rock bottom making it a fantastic budget choice. My only minor complaint is that the breakfasts were meagre and there was no choice (so the kids started the day grumpy). It was, however, easy to pop out to nearby Sagitarius (fantastic restaurant/inn) for a larger breakfast. Thanks again to Wayan for going out of his way to make the trip extremely enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank queenofpuddings
Perth western australia
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This is a small budget hotel centrally located on Monkey Forrest Rd.We arrived to a bit of a caffuffle with the rooms but once sorted were shown to our rooms.They were small and the beds were not the most comfortable.The bathrooms were close to the size of the bedroom.The gardens were beautiful and well maintained.The pool was overclorinated and the water was often foggy and the kids got rashes after swimming.The tiles were broken all over the stairs and on the bottom of the pool.Lots of cut feet on the kids.The breakfasts were small and only one option per day.One day could be eggs,the next sandwiches and the next pancakes.I am not a huge breakfast eater so the breakfasts were sufficient.The internet was down for two of the days that we were there so we had to go to the restaurant over the road to use the free Wi Fi.There are no TV's or kettles but the rooms are airconditioned and cleaned daily.I would make sure you have US$ to pay for your accomodation as they charge you at larger rate than the going rate and add 3% on top of that for credit card payments.The location is great as you are in walking distance of both the markets and the Monkey Forrest.There is better accomodation available but for the price it is a bargain.I wouldnt advise this hotel was a romantic holiday but for budget mined travellers like us it was fine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Montreal, Québec
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We stayed at 6 nights in this hotel which rent bungalow. We had a room in the second floor, with big one terasse deprived and a very beautiful view.It is comfortable, clean, very beautiful. The service is incredibly good. The employees of the hotel make all that they can to make you the pleasant and simple life. Thanks to Wayan who organized us our transport towards the other islands!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple