On our recent trip to Bali the concierge at our resort recommended that we spend a day going to see the Elephant Park. Our hotel was located in Nusa Dua in the south and the Safari Park is in Ubud in the centre of Bali. The bus ride took around 2-1/2 hours, I was very glad I remembered to bring water as the bus was very warm. The park was designed and is run by an Australian conservationist in an effort to save the Sumatran Elephants which are being killed to make room for the rising human population in that area of Indonesia. I only include this information to set this tour in a higher category than some of the other “parks” in similar destinations that treat the animals poorly. The Elephants all look healthy and seem to enjoy the human interaction. My wife and I rode around the park on elephant back while getting a bit of history of our particular animal and its journey to Bali. After the ride there was a show in which the elephants played soccer, basketball, painted pictures and generally made the crowd cheer. I recommend viewing the show from the second level for a better view (and you stay dryer). After the show we had lunch at the buffet which featured mostly local and Australian dishes. We did not end up staying at the resort but it looks very nice, and for a day or so would be worth it. I would recommend this for a day trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for animal and nature lovers, guests staying at the Elephant Safari Park Lodge get to wake up to the sights and sounds of elephants. When you wake up, head to the Mammoths Head Bar terrace and enjoy your breakfast as you overlook the surrounding lush forest. Have your private elephant chauffeur pick you up from your room and take you on an elephant trek through Taro forest. Have fun bathing, feeding and petting the elephants before you enjoy an evening stroll around the botanical gardens. The Elephant Safari Park Lodge is located just 20 minutes north from the islands cultural and artistic centre of Ubud and 75 minutes north of Ngurah Rai Airport in the historic village of Taro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Elephant Safari Park & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Safari Park Hotel Ubud
- Elephant Safari Park And Lodge
- Elephant Safari Park & Lodge Ubud, Bali