“Outstanding place for rest and relaxation”
Review of Villa Pantulan

Villa Pantulan
Ranked #139 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've just returned from a wonderful week at Pantulan with a group of friends and I was so impressed I wanted to write a review before I get back into 21st century stress! Pantulan is heaven: so restful and relaxing lying by the pool, gazing out across the rice paddies and lounging around this truly magnificent property. I didn't want to leave.

The villas are beautifully fitted out, with concern for guest comfort and convenience paramount. The food was excellent, and we were able to chose our menus. As the villa is very near to Ubud, shopping and other activities are easy to access, particularly as a bus provides a shuttle service.

I cannot speak too highly of the wonderful staff. Eka and his team provided magnificent customer service, and were always ready to accommodate every request with good grace and dedication to ensuring that we all enjoyed ourselves relaxing at this most beautiful of resorts. Thank you very much to all the staff at Pantulan for helping us have a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: One of the great charms of Pantulan is its location in the countryside overlooking the rice paddies...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Robbie S

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had the pleasure to stay in Villa Pantulan for a wedding a few weeks ago. It is truly a place like no other. It is better than the Ritz!! And it offers even more than what the gorgeous photos suggest.
It packs in comfort, romance, relaxation, harmony, love of nature all in one. You can sit in the pool and absorb the uninterrupted view of spectacular rice field, or sit in one of many open spaces to read, or be pampered in the specially designed massage room. I would have been perfectly happy just to stay inside this oasis and see nothing else in Bali. But if you are adventurous, the villa is close to central Ubud and villages, and it is an easy hop to neighboring islands.
I also checked other rental properties nearby and can testify there is no other guest house built like Pantulan.
If you are planning a family vacation or friend’s gathering, there is no place better than Villa Pantulan.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ginger w
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The staff were very friendly and accommodating to our needs. All the requests we made were seen to and they helped us organise our daily activities including white water rafting, massages, volcano trekking, scooter hire and tour through the rice paddies on the outskirts of Ubud. The Villa was only a 5 minute drive into Ubud's city centre and the Villa provided free transfers back and forth. Our one criticism was that we found the meals / drinks at the Villa to be quite expensive compared to a lot of restaurants in Bali, however the meals were delicious and we really enjoyed the authentic Balinese dishes served up.

Room Tip: All of the beds have mosquito nets around them however only two of the rooms have air-conditioning.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ChristopherDBooth85
Reviewed August 11, 2012

A group of 7 friends spent one week in Villla Pantulan in July. The villa itself is special- huge living areas with individual areas to enable one to get away from the crowd. The villa sits facing rice paddies and it was fascinating to watch the daily harvest whilst we were there. Rooms and bathrooms are all well appointed.
The staff were lovely (see photos) and made our stay that extra bit special. We had a cooking lesson from the girls , Made & Wayan with help from Eka and this was lots of fun. The food was plentiful and of high quality and we had most evening meals there.
For those of you who are light sleepers, beware that the villa is in the countryside next to a village which has a plethora of roosters. We would suggest that light sleepers choose a ground floor room or take ear plugs!!
The only other slight disappointment for us was the fact that walking intoi Ubud was impossible as the road was narrow, busy and it would have been dangerous to walk. To counter this, we had the use of a very nice driver, Piel who was always punctual.
We visited the restuarnt, Mozaic, for a third time and were not disappointed- expensive for Bali but not for Australia and such high quality food ,setting and service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Forrests
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I got married at Villa Pantulan in early July 2012. It was a beautiful experience which was made all the more special due to the spectacular venue and the professionalism and pleasant nature of all the staff who work there. The ceremony went off without a hitch and my wife and I often heard people marvel at the amount of work we must have done to prepare everything. The truth is that we had to do very little other than have a couple of meetings with Eka (who does an excellent job as manager of the villa) to let him know what we were thinking about. It was so easy! The staff did all the catering and the food was beautifully presented and delicious. The service was excellent - attentive yet unobtrusive.

My wife and I stayed in the master bedroom which sits pride of place in the villa overlooking gorgeous rice paddies. Her immediate family stayed in the 4 other rooms which are all lovely. You really can't go wrong here because there isn't a dud room amongst them. They all have their own particular charm. The rooms all have private outdoor bathrooms and everything is kept in perfect order by the staff. All beds have 'Kingcoil' pillow-top mattresses which I can assure you is a rarity in Indonesia. I only wish that there was more room to accommodate my own family during the wedding but it wasn't a huge problem as there are some reasonable (though slightly less salubrious) accommodation options within walking distance within Lodtunduh.

Pantulan means 'reflection' in Bahasa Indonesian. It is such an appropriate name for this villa because the magic of this place is a true reflection of the dedication and professionalism of Eka and his staff. Bravo!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bush_Curlew
Reviewed July 13, 2012

10 of us stayed here for a short 3 days as our final leg of our Bali trip (we were in Kuta before that). Villa Pantulan was the perfect getaway from the traffic madness and the hustle and bustle of Kuta. The villa is very well designed and maintained. From the pool overlooking the paddy fields, the big open spaces that made up the dining and living room, the dedicated massage pavilion, to the comfortable bedrooms with open-air bathrooms, Villa Pantulan was absolutely gorgeous.

Another reason why our stay was fantastic was the very warm and hospitable service staff of the villa. We were treated like royalty from the moment we checked-in right up to the moment we checked-out. 2 of the staff that I particularly remember were Eka and Wayan. They're great guys, very very helpful and very friendly.

And by the way, if you happen to stay in Villa Pantulan, order a massage. I had a traditional massage session and a lulur session the day after. Both were fantastic.

In short, Villa Pantulan made our departure from Bali a very very hard thing to do. Wished I could stay longer. Will definitely try to make it back there again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ming Jie M
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed here for 8 days and I wish I could stay longer! Every staff is very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast is always amazing. They're always there day and night to accommodate our needs. Every inch of the villa is very well designed and clean. I will definitely go back there!

• Stayed: May 2012