“Wish we had stayed here longer!”
Review of Komaneka at Bisma

Komaneka at Bisma
Ranked #16 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“Wish we had stayed here longer!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon and were treated like royalty. Service was amazing, our driver Andy was fantastic and the grounds were well kept, and the pool - what a pool - amazing! Everything was so easy, so relaxing, very romantic. We stayed for 4 days, but could have easily stayed a week longer. Lots to do around the area and the best markets in Bali.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stayed at Komaneka Bisma previously in 2010 and had a wonderful stay so I was really looking forward to my visit this trip again.

We arrived on the late flight from Singapore and were thoroughly exhausted by the time we reached Ubud at 11pm. When driving through the gate, our driver said: "welcome home!" - this basically set the tone for the rest of our trip. Staying at the Komaneka Resorts is really like being at home, the rooms at Bisma are well appointed, west facing, with luxurious sized balconies where you can relax on a deck chair and there's lots to entertain within the property. We had an Apple TV system in the room with countless of movies to watch (quite a lot of children's movies to keep the younger ones occupied) and activities - I opted for the yoga class the following afternoon which was led by an experienced instructor.

The hotel is located close to Ubud centre with shuttle services running everyday from morning to night. It only takes 5 minutes in the car to reach the centre of town or alternatively, you can request to be dropped off at the other property along Monkey Forest Road for some serious shopping!

Breakfast is included in the rate and you can choose from various options like Balinese breakfast menu, Komaneka Breakfast menu, healthy options and western style breakfast menus. I would recommend the local breakfast options and do ask for herbal tea (which is not on the menu) - which they do very well - a wonderful concoction of lemongrass, cinnamon, ginger, star anise with lime and honey. I have to comment that the staff are very professional and provide exceptional service, by Day 2 morning, they remembered what I prefer for my hot beverage, the juice I like and any other special preferences.

The spa is wonderful as well - the therapists are very well trained and friendly. I had the Rejuvenating massage which was a gentle massage with lots of different oils. All I can say is that I slept so well that night!

I love staying at Komaneka Bisma, the friendly staff make a point to chat with you and really do make you feel at home. The tranquil, lush green surroundings make it a wonderful place to stay and the location is excellent for being near to town yet away from all the hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on level 4 - because it is on the lobby level and saves you the trip of having to take...
2 Thank shoequeen71
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have travelled extensively through Europe and Asia. It is my view that Komaneka is the best of the very best. Imagine yourself surrounded by tranquil, lush views and amazingly attentive staff. Komaneka has perfected a blend of sophistication, quality and intimacy. We thoroughly enjoyed the Yoga, wood carving, coconut leave craft, Balinese dancing and personalised transportation. They even provided the recipe for their cookies as my wife mentioned how much she enjoyed them. The wonderfully affable manager, Surya personally spoke to us and sought our feedback. This is surely a sign of a great resort to be actively seeking to improve on perfection. Whether you are searching for a romantic getaway or a family retreat, Komaneka Bisma is certain to exceed your wildest expectations. My thanks to Komaneka Bisma and all its staff for our three nights in paradise.

Airlie Beach, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Komaneka Bisma we were overwhelmed by its beauty. The staff were extremely professional and attentive to every detail. It is a property that offers seclusion, tranquillity and 5 star service. The food was exceptional and choice was good. The gardens were amazing, spent hours walking around, every step had a new surprise. The spa was excellent the sound of the river was so peaceful during our treatment no need for music just nature. We travelled with two teenage daughters and we all enjoyed Komaneka totally. The shuttle service to Ubud Village was great. The other 2 properties in Ubud were very accommodating also. I highly recommend Komaneka Bisma, paradise found.

Room Tip: family suite very spacious and comfortable, everything you need is supplied,
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

overall hotel is excellent. the staff is incredibly helpfull. the regular rooms fits my family of four with 2 kids age 11 and 8, very well. The kids enjoy the natural setting and the pool. Apple tv is a definite plus. Only additional suggestion is to have the hotel warns the guests to always wear insect repellent whenever near the pool. Being so close to nature have a downside to those allergic to bugs.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to stay in Bali - and that's saying a lot!!! The staff is extraordinary and helpful, the grounds lovely (although slightly smaller than some of the other resort-like hotels on the island), and the rooms (even the basic rooms) GORGEOUS. The breakfast is wonderful and the food in general at the restaurant (brick oven pizza) very good. Can't wait to return. Although it's a bit outside the center of Ubud we found it a easy and enjoyable walk. There's also a shuttle that runs regularly. HIGHLY recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: If you can't afford a villa and room with a terrace on an upper floor is really fantastic - big...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This resort is situated in breathtakingly beautiful scenery and the infinity pool is magnificent. It's slightly out of Ubud but still in walking distance, if you don't want to use the free shuttle. What sets this place apart is that it's Balinese owned and run, and their warmness and attention to detail made my stay so memorable - the flower petals on the bed, remembering how I like my coffee, saying 'welcome home' after a morning out, catering for allergies - I could go on and on. I was travelling for the first time ever on my own, and every staff member made me feel welcome. As my driver (not connected to the resort) said, this is the king of hotels in Ubud and I totally agree. I was ambivalent about some aspects of Bali, but will definitely return.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor overlooking a part of the pool and had a wonderful view over the rice fields...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo