New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 172 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing Service Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

If there is one thing that absolutely stands out about this resort/hotel, it is the level of service one receives from the staff at the place. Amazing, immaculate, out-of-this-world -- are adjectives that immediately come to mind when trying to find a words to describe it. I stayed at the hotel from 15-20 Dec, and thats the outstanding trait that was the overriding feeling i got throughout my stay there. And i have been to quite many hotels around the world, and frankly i wouldn't normally take time to write about it if it wasn't quite this amazing. And it was amazing alrite.

Everybody at the resort always has a smiling face for you, and greets you by name as long as they've had served you before. And not just that, they go the extra mile. Just to cite a few examples:
- i enjoyed the daily breakfasts at the hotel. Loved the house-made banana jam, and asked for an extra helping on the first morning i was there. Guess what - on the second, and subsequent mornings i was there for breakfast, they always remember and gave me extra helpings of the banana jam. Man, thats service!;
- a family member have had a stomach upset one evening. Informed the front desk, and the lady at the reception took upon herself to ensure that a warm herbal tea was served to the room. The next morning, when we were at the reception, the lady remembered and asked if the stomach upset has gone away. She obliged, with a smile, when we requested for another serving of the herbal tea. Just amazing!;

There were many other instances when we were well taken care of. Should cite the following staff for special mention :

Zigma - think she was the lady at the reception who always has a smile, and showed care and concern, and was the sweet lady that proposed bringing the herbal tea to us; thank you again, Zigma!! you would do any company you work for proud indeed!;

Wis - this chap is amazing; always attentive to our needs. He was also the chap that took us cycling on the 16 Dec - and was part of the service staff that served us for breakfasts in the mornings, and always asking if there were anything he could help us with. Man, you were great, and our holidays were all the better for people such as you!;

Budari - she served us for the afternoon teas, and always carries a smile on her face; and who was always attentive to our needs.

Amazing place Komaneka Bisma.

In case you're wondering why i didnt award it 5 stars out of 5. Well, i was nitpicking. If there are some areas that i can point out for improvement, that is:

- While the internet service was supposedly avail throughout most parts of the hotel, the signals were mostly weak and break down intermittently. There was one morning when the internet service completely broke down and was unavailable from about 6am till 9am, and i had some office work that required attention and needed the internet service. So this was quite a major letdown.
- Mosquitos - simply put, just too many in the hotel, and we were bitten throughout our stay.

Location-wise, no problem, although i guess the frequency of the shuttle service into town could be increased slightly.

Overall, our stay in Komaneka Bisma was pleasant and if anything, the service staff there just made it great. We would certainly return if opportunity presents itself in future. Again, thanks. Especially to Zigma, Wis, and Budari ... your smiles and attention made all the difference to us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here in November in a one bedroom villa. The position of the hotel is beautiful as it overlooks a steep river valley and wondefully maintained gardens. The villa itself had a small kitchen area with fridge, microwave ,sink, liquidiser and kettle . There was an infinity pool overlooking the valley and a deck area to lounge on. The inside of the villa has a king sized bed,bathroom with double sinks, freestanding bath ,loo,inside shower and garden shower. So very nice indeed. The gardens are so well looked after and are lovely to walk through as to go for breakfast which is served in superb surroundings by very kind and attentive staff, in fact all the staff are wonderful and make you feel very special without being overbearing or obsequious. I had a quick look at the suites and whilst the villa was more expensive I think there are some real benifits.
OK thats the good stuff. I did raise concerns about the check in process which seemed to require a huge amount of information, all of which they already had as they had requested via email prior to arrival.Also the full cost of the stay was taken from my card there and then. Whilst I was told this, it did seem very unusual to pay on arrival.The hotel is not cheap by any standards so I was a bit dissapointed that to use one of the fleet of bicycles was $10us a day , or half a day or for an hour. Come on they should be free!
So in closing a very ,very beautiful property but i would work hard to get the best deal you can otherwise all the extras will just "sting" a bit when you come to pay for them

Room Tip: Go for a villa if you can the suites are nice but are housed in a 3 storie building which lackes the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jaggery2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Komaneka at Bisma undoubtly so beautiful, artistic and very scenic with wonderful balcon views. Enjoying every minutes while I was staying for 2 nites there. Sadly, my Apple TV wasn't properly function, 2 times the mechanic sent to my room to fix it, but zero result until I checked out. And another thing to take note, I had been in Bali for about 7 days before go to Komaneka, no question my laundry quite alot and I decided to not to use laundry in hotel, cause it's pricey. Hence I take laundry service in Jl. Bisma. Few hours before check out, I need to collect my packing and asking the person from laundry service (not Komaneka Bisma laundry) to drop it at reception desk. It's 11 am and and calling the landry service, he's telling me that he already dropped my laundry in the reception desk since 9 am! And no one staff at reception feel obliged to inform me, meanwhile they know I'd be check out that day. Feel so dissapointed, I called the reception desk asking about my laundry. With no sorry or whatsoever, a girl in reception asked me to go down to reception to collect it by my self. Not sure if it's a five star hotel or three star hotel...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lazychair
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I did not expect much from my 3D2N stay (6-8 Dec 2012) at the resort (my first trip to Bali). By the 3rd day, I was planning a 2nd stay for a week at the same resort in 2013. Why?

The services we experienced illustrated what it means to put people at the center. The attention to details was something I have never expected or experienced before. I think it is not an exaggeration to say that my family and I were pleasantly surprised, much more than once, with the kind of courtesy, initiative and personal attention given by all (Yes, all) staff members (at the reception, cafe/eatery, spa center, swimming pool, gardener, hotel drivers, housekeeping) we came in contact with. Of course, the accommodation was splendid (we stayed at the Bisma suite) and the scenery from our room was breathtaking (our room was on level 3). While these might sound too good, it takes one to be there to experience and discover.
It is not the cheapest resort around, but it is one I would highly recommend to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Higher floors for a wider view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a really wonderful stay at this hotel - and would be very pleased to stay again! The rooms were beautiful and large with terrific views. The lobby and gardens of the hotel were magnificent. The staff were all lovely and very helpful. The hotel is located a little way from the centre, but there are free shuttle buses all day long, and it is a great walk to and from anyway. The restaurant was also very good. It was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
bronte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is seriously good. The rooms are superb with great views and all mod cons (apple TV ++). The restaurant is high quality and great value and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Pool and Gym and all facilities are just excellent. The Spa is probably my only complaint - it charges $80USD for a massage that is available for $8 USD all over Ubud. I will be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BronteScoot
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Where do I even start writing? There are so many incredible things about this resort I don't even know where to begin.

We stayed here almost a year ago and wow, I will feel attached to this place for the next 50 years. This was my first trip to Bali and my husband and I went for our anniversary. They were so sweet and upgraded our suite for that reason and even gave us a banana bread cake for the occasion and sprinkled hibiscus and rose petals all over our immaculately made bed that was facing our floor to ceiling windows of the rainforest. The smell was so goooood. Beyond anything I have imagined. The bath tub was also our favorite part of the room. It was HUGE, next to the window and it came with so many oils and salts that to this day we still use. The nightgowns are also so soft and cozy!! I actually bought one.

Location wise, it wasn't far at all from the center of Ubud. Also, the van was super reliable and easy. We often preferred to walk as it cut through the rice paddies. We also signed up with the hotel for the Yoga as well as the bike sessions. We really enjoyed them both.

I cannot say enough good things about this place. It deserves 10 stars. From the moment you arrive, with the sounds of the gamelan playing in the background and the gorgeous Balinese decor, you will instantly fall in love with this place.

And oh yea, the pool. It's beyond incredible. Amazing. Have breakfast at their lounge facing the pool. There is no better way to start the morning.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple