After years of the hussle and bussle of life, my partner and I needed a break...just the two of us, no phone, email, sametime, facebook, skype, just us and we wanted a place that could transport us to to piece and relaxation....
Komaneka delivered in spades...this place is heaven on earth. We got picked up at the airport by the hotel, which was really good, as the driveway to the hotel is a scary ride, and somtimes you feel like you have been highjacked, but have perseverence you will get there.
When you arrive at the resort you are met by the most happy, suppportive and friendly staff, in a reception that opens up into the beautiful rice fields and forest beyond.
The rooms are spacious and luxurious, with really well thought out finishes, right down to apple tv with a wide selection of movies for FREE (which is really nice compared to modern so called 5 star hotels).
Recommed going for a private cabin if you can afford it, they are amazing, or a suite in the higher levels in the main hotel, these are equally well appointed.
There is a good selection of breakfasts, with beautiful local fresh fruits and juices and local breakfast specials. The restaurant is really good also, with lots of options just a 20 minute walk from the hotel.
Must Do is "Mozaic" - The only mitchelen star restaurant on the island,this is more in line with western prices, but the quality of the food and extravegance is one I will always remember, my recommedation ...go all out with the special digger station...amazing.
Tours: Monkey forest is a stones through away, and shuttles from hotel are free, we also organised a two day tours of temples and metal, wood carvings, etc which are really worth doing. We hired a car at the hotel and choose our own key points of interest from the hotels tour book. You can hire a private car for cheaper price, but for piece of mind in relation to insurance should anything happen, was our reason for going with the hotel car.
It is a two hour drive from Ubud to the more party area of Seminyake, but you can agree a price with a car at the hotel, to drive you there and collect you,
Spa - this place is amazing, the whole look and feel epitamises relaxation and everything you associate with Bali, very freindly, clean and professional.
The pool area speaks for itself, very relaxing and beautiful, not alot of children there, definitely a more adult type resort.
For a special romatic night.....Try the Honymoon Dinner at Komineka.....as a supprise for your loved one....you both will never forget it,
So I guess all I can finish by saying Amazing Staff, Service, Location and Food.....UTOPIA,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Bisma Located in the heart of Ubud, The Resort allows you to make the most of your extraordinary luxury stay. Combines with breathtaking spaces and hospitality to create grand moment to makes you feels at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Prestigia and Jetsetter so you can book your Komaneka at Bisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Bisma Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Bisma Ubud, Bali