“Wonderfully relaxing”
Review of Sri Ratih Cottages

Sri Ratih Cottages
Ranked #38 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed this little gem, so clean, peaceful and relaxing.Could not fault it. Just a leisurely walk to town, only the sounds of birds - no traffic noise or noise from other travellers.Rooms are so clean, indoor/outdoor bathroom was fantastic.Meals were very good, gardens and pool really well-maintained.The staff are lovely and the experience just so different to Kuta/Legian area.Each person I spoke to said it was the best accomodation they had stayed at in Bali.For the price we paid for our deluxe room, it was a bargain, I have visited Bali more than 30 times and usually paid a fair bit more for a lesser experience.Looking forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in downstairs, deluxe cottage no. 15 which was great, no noise at all.Also checked out no...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sri Ratih Cottages

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in the suite for a few days last week.it was my 5 trip to Ubud in a year and this place is a gem.Great place and staff. It is close enough to the town but gives you the peaceful atmosphere.The room was new ,clean and beautiful.Love very minute of my stay here.Swan at reception was available to solve any issues with a smile.The breakfast was nice and had dinner there as well. Great chief inhouse.looking forward to my next stay there soon.

Room Tip: Suite Rooms are worth it
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil N
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm still here in my suite for a second night in at Sri Ratih cottages and really glad i booked after reading the reviews on here about the suites and duplexes.

The staff are lovely, they will take care of you in the wonderful Balinese way. I love many things here, the lack of throngs of crowds or stray dogs, the cleanliness of the rooms, the bathrooms that are expansive and beautiful and the free breakfast.

I can't comment on the super cheap rooms, but really for under 70,000 idr a night to get a deluxe room like this is awesome. My only faults are all minor, i would welcome a little info book in the room rather than having to bug reception. And there are no clocks in the room, but these ate trivial for what you do get.

I've had three meals here, breakfast is best especially the banana pandan rolls. Not a fan of the black pudding but glad to see a wide variety of western and Indonesian cuisine. It's cheap, nice food. Outside the immediate area is a little chocolaterie 'Kue', can thoroughly recommend their high tea.

Wifi is good, very reliable even in my room which is not closest to reception. And no mozzies!

Definitely recommend to anyone who doesn't mind being away from the main streets of ubud. Great room, good staff and exceptional value.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Chocolatelover23
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at Sri Ratih Cottages for 4 nights recently and had a wonderful time. The rooms were extremely comfortable and we felt at a very high standard. We stayed in the Duplex room/s and with 2 young children found a room of our own when needed a relaxing luxury. We loved the fabulous outdoor bathrooms and we felt like we were staying at a 5 star resort. The staff were just lovely, friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our daily chats with the restaurant staff & felt very welcomed. The food was great, the grounds were lovely and whilst away from the hustle and bustle - still within walking distance of the main streets of Ubud (done daily with a 7 year old and 3 year old). We have already recommended this place to our friends. We would definately stay here again & found it a highlight of our trip to Bali.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sonia C
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been visiting Bali for several years and I always stayed at Sri Ratih Cottages. I like the well-kept garden, same goes for the rooms, especially the smaller bungalows, clean and functional. The service is excellent, very friendly and helpful. The new restaurant is very nice and the food is superb. It seems guests prefer to hussle and buzzle of downtown Ubud for dining, which is really a pitty.

The working on the new building made little noise, will be finished soon, anyway.

I do not think you will get better value for money in Ubud than here.

Bernd Luebbert

Room Tip: I prefer the small bungalows.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bernd L
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Well everything looks amazing and I think I'm in the minority with this review, just bad luck I guess. The hotel reception and restaurant is lovely and set out beautifully. When we first walked into the grounds we were excited especially after seeing all the lovely photos on the website, as we walked towards a lovely looking new building of rooms we were then in for a shock as we turned right and started to walk away from them. Right next to the building site which is noisy at the moment, our agent hadn't told us about that but they insisted they did, they didn't. That aside we thought ok that doesn't matter, we were shown away from all the nice buildings and taken to what was obviously the old section, superior rooms apparently. Well for the price we paid I was shocked, it was a dump, look at the photos I've posted. It was old, dirty full of bugs etc which you have to allow when in Indo but not like this and not for that price. We were so gutted but couldn't cancel and get a refund. The toilet was disgusting and it smelt bad, the room had damp and dirty walls. The welcome design of a towel made into a swan was off white because the towels were so old. I can go on. There are what looks to be amazing rooms here and lovely grounds but pay for the upgrade as these rooms are not worth the money, you can get better for half the price in ubud and a room like that would cost you $10 in kuta. I was shocked and very disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013
12  Thank Ecopaint
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was traveling with my sister. We had a suite. The bathroom has open brickwork. There is no hanging space in the bedroom. It is all in the bathroom. During the raining season the clothes are damp. Also in the mornings it was not smelling too nice in the bathroom. Could not use the tissues due to the smell of them.
Suggest hanging space in the bedroom.
Suggest in-room safe.
AC so noisy we could not keep it on all night as we could not sleep.
After staying 11 nights, a change to the breakfast menu would be good. It is the same every day.
Finally - who would have the cash for 11 nights accom in their wallet? No of course most people will pay with their Visa or Mastercard. Three percent charge is rather too high!!
Apart from this, the food was good and the staff were all very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family