Mixed impressiones, so first
The good part:
Beautiful surroundings with a well kept garden,
professional stuff (although not so friendly as in the rest of places we stayed),
incredibly good and delicious food at the restaurant (wich was a very good place to relax and have something to eat or drink)
The bad part:
Veeeery noisy, especially because of the work they were doing for renovating old rooms and building some more. Although we were assured the works beguins at 8 am, we were woken up by terrible noises just upstairs at 6:30 am. I had to call reception and fortunately, they stopped. Then a lot of noises coming from: the old devices we had in the room (the fridge and the air con), cleaning team starting to clean the garden very early in the morning, small animals, maybe gekos or rats running on the inner roof, neighbours (paper thin walls) etc...This is not a place for tired people :)
No intimacy, but that's because, even though we ask for an upstairs one, we were given a ground floor one, even for the suite we paied for one night. Not lucky enough to get an upgrade, as others did, but instead were offered a downgrade, meaning to give up the night in the suite and stay in the deluxe. But that's a mater of luck, I don't complain.
Bring your own bathroom goodies, here they only have a bad smelling refilled shower gel and shampoo. No shower cap provided, even though the shower is up and fixed, so you'll get completely wet. To get a hairdry you have to pay a suite, not even the deluxe have it. The same for the ketlle...A bit "mesquin", I think
They will charge 3% more if you pay by credit card, which is not mentioned when you book the room. It's unfair and we will complain to Booking.com as well.
So, overall, I guess it's a matter of luck if you get a good room. We had 15 and 14 (the suite), not the best. It's a nice place, but I guess they are trying to get as much money possible offering as little as possible.
I would rather go for the restaurant, not for the hotel. Huge difference...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among the rice paddy fields of Penestanan, Sri Ratih cottages features a charming secluded Balinese hotel with large garden offering a heaven of peace and tranquility. Yet only few minutes drive to many restaurants, galleries and shops in Ubud town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sri Ratih Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sri Ratih Cottages Hotel Ubud
- Sri Ratih Cottages Ubud, Bali