The villa Agung Khalia seems beautifull from outside and is huge, but it is cheaply decorated and furnished (beds are good though). No wonder why there are no pictures of the bathrooms on the website : not at all in the bali-style you would imagine when you see the villa from outside or the picture on the website, and so disappointing.
The location amongst the rice fields is amazing, but really far from Ubud : 10 to 15 minutes drive, and you have no chance at all of getting anywhere without the transport from the villa.
The breakfast is good, but the dinner was really average and over priced.
We didn't like the staff at all. No privacy, always someone sneeking around for any purpose and asking questions or wanting to sell us something, like an excursion or a dinner at the house or whatever. The driver was not pleasant and never of good advice.
So, it is not that bad but it is really not that good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Agung Khalia consists of a new 3-bedroom and 6-bedroom villa, each with private pool and panoramic rice field views located 4km (10 minutes) northeast of central Ubud. The villas blend elements of traditional Balinese style and tropical outdoor living. An engineered vent design creates a natural cool environment day and night, with air-con as a back-up for those that prefer. Experience traditional Balinese culture from the comfort of your luxury villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Villa Agung Khalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Agung Khalia Hotel Ubud
- Villa Agung Khalia Ubud, Bali