This was the Bali I had hoped for. No tourists, no traffic, no trash. Beautiful setting in the rice fields with spectacular landscape. A staff who made us feel at home and wanted to share their lives and culture with us. Comfortable rooms, beautiful pools, made us want to stay home at the Villa. But when we went out, the shuttles were direct and efficient and the drivers were always helpful and made sure we were safe and found what we were looking for. Coffee brought to our patio, followed by breakfast and lovely sounds of water, roosters and folks going to work. We took a "trek" with Agung and learned about the rice life cycle which is the life cycle of Bali. The owners family was on site and shared their vision for the English schools they sponsor for the local kids and their connection to the local villages. We did not feel like tourists but rather like part of the extended family. An experience of a life time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Agung Khalia consists of a new 3-bedroom and 6-bedroom villa, each with private pool and panoramic rice field views located 4km (10 minutes) northeast of central Ubud. The villas blend elements of traditional Balinese style and tropical outdoor living. An engineered vent design creates a natural cool environment day and night, with air-con as a back-up for those that prefer. Experience traditional Balinese culture from the comfort of your luxury villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Villa Agung Khalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Agung Khalia Hotel Ubud
- Villa Agung Khalia Ubud, Bali