We stayed 5 nights in Pratiwi villa/s with our two children. Although the smallest of the three Gayatri villas, Pratiwi can easily accommodate 6 people, with three bedrooms and bathrooms, a living area, kitchen and a private pool. Around the villas and pool was a lush tropical garden. The rooms and pool were decorated with frangipani flowers every day. There was a beautiful view of rice paddies, a small temple and mountains from the upstairs balcony. The Balinese style pitched roof lets some noise in, so you are immersed in the Balinese experience of croaking frogs around the pool at night, and the dawn rooster alarm. A couple of nights we heard an atmospheric gamelan orchestra from a nearby temple.
An a la carte breakfast was prepared and served daily at our requested time. There was a choice of toast, pancakes, fresh fruit juice or fruit platter, eggs and coffee. We did not receive the afternoon tea mentioned on the website, although we were out most days. The kitchen was well-equipped if you wish to cook, and there were also menus from a few local restaurants to order in. The villa can provide dinner with advance notice. There is a water cooler to refill water bottles, which was a nice touch.
The villas were clean, and serviced and turned down daily. Although there were full mosquito nets around the beds and coils lit nightly, we didn’t have any problems with mosquitos. There was cable TV in the living area and free wifi.
Sayan is an outlying village of Ubud, about 5km or 15 minutes drive from central Ubud. The villa provides a 2-hourly shuttle service on request, from 9am -5pm. A “taxi” costs about 50,0000 rp ($6); you need to negotiate a price. The villa is hard to find if arriving from outside Ubud, so it would be best for you or your driver to ring for directions first.
Overall, our stay was very relaxing and a true Balinese experience. The villas were not perfect, but close to it; the water went off for an hour one night, and the upstairs bath was showing signs of age.
- Private tropical oasis, with Balinese charm
- Plenty of space
- Friendly smiling and helpful staff, and local people
- The 5.30am rooster alarm
- Distance from Ubud, although this is also a pro, as you are away from the bustle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the edge of an escarpment, overlooking the rice terraces of the Ayung river valley are the Gayatri Villas. Three highly individual villas combines the services of five star resort with the space and luxury of a private house. Each villa has 3 spacious bedrooms with deep terraces and private garden with swimming pool, modern kitchen and open living area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Gayatri Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayatri Villa Hotel Ubud
- Gayatri Villa Ubud, Bali