“For the price and the hospitality, overall great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jati Home Stay

Jati Home Stay
Ranked #53 of 529 Ubud B&B and Inns
“For the price and the hospitality, overall great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

A great place full of life and a warmth of hospitality. As of one week of stay I can definitely recommend this place for your stay in Ubud. A focus on hospitality is was puts it ahead and the various international guests you come into contact with over the morning complimentary breakfast is as varied as the breakfast itself can be :-)

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank grumbling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Location: It is in the heart of Ubud, so no problem finding the homestay after I arrived via shuttle bus from Kuta. I do like that there is a 24-hr convenience store just beside the alley leading to the homestay,

Room: Located on the second floor, so a fairly good view to the opposite small ricefield. Decent interior layout, and nice to find paintings by the family hung in my room. However I could only find two sockets in the room: one definitely for the fan; the other I have to disconnect the table lamp to charge my phone and camera. There were simply not enough lights; I had to switch on the balcony light to shine in (barely).

Sleep quality: The bed and pillows are comfortable. There were some construction noises from mid-mornings when I decided to laze in my room. What irritated me most was the occasional fires in the ricefield. The fires won't spread, but the smoke easily filled my room, forcing me to exit the homestay after breakfast. There is no AC, just a fan; the smoke smell still lingered in my room at night, otherwise the room is still airy to sleep in.

Cleanliness: You can leave your key at the reception for room cleaning, but I did not request for it for my 4-night stay. The overall cleanliness including the toilet was fine for me neverthless.

Service: The owner Dewa and his team remembered me by name, and even asked about my plan for the day. They are approachable to strike a conversation, so some personal touch if you may. A special shoutout on the different breakfast every day: small portion but yummy!

Value: The rate was affordable for a homestay with quite an artistic character. Should the construction and ricefield rices be gone, my experience in the homestay would definitely be enhanced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank EdwardChung
Bayside, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I made a reservation for four days here through Booking.com. we were already in Ubud so stopped by the day before to confirm our reservation. We struggled with the communication but were shown the reservation calendar and we were on it. The next day we go to check in and they say they do not have a room tor us. I show them my confirmation and ask to see their reservation calendar which now has a line drawn through the first day. They find us another room- quite a ways down the street and then take us one by one through the busy streets of Ubud- with no helmet.

The next day we check into our room. It's fine- but soon we discover that the toilet leaks when you flush it and the shower is literally nothing but a trickle. Also- we were told online that there was a bathtub- which there wasn't.

This is what I find so upsetting. When we go to check out- we are told the price that we owe. Because we needed to pay by credit card- someone else was called over. After stalling a bit- he asked to see our Booking.com reservation which I didn't have with me. We didn't understand why the rate would be different than what we were told before. We then learned that there is a huge surcharge- of around 40% for customers who booked on Booking.com. its a total scam- a room is worth a certain amount- no more or less based on who you book through. I've since checked my other Booking.com rates for other hotels- which are the same as the prices on their website. I think that it is just this place that is dishonest.

The whole experience here was upsetting.

• Stayed May 2013
8 Thank Nancy S
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Jatis Home Stay is located in the centre of Ubud and makes it easy to reach everything whether itts the Monkey Forest the famous market or cafe's and restaurants.

The room was lovely with a huge bed and open windows covered in mosquito nets meaning that although no ac is available a light breeze was always guaranteed. However, having no proper wall between bedroom and bathroom meant that privacy was lacking when needed.

The breakfast is very simple and you are provided with either a toasted egg or pancakes in the morning plus fruit. The only downside is the price for the hotel.

DO NOT use booking.com as it will charge you much more than the original price. Still, it is quite expensive for Ubud.

But overall we had a lovely stay with the stunning view of the ricefields.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lastminaroundworld
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had a very comfortable week at Jati Homestay. Dewa and the staff are very accommodating and helpful. They gave a good knowledge of the area and I liked that Dewa gave me a map of Ubud on my first day - that really helped! Oh and they also collected me from the airport for a reasonable price. Rooms are basic but very comfortable. They are priced really well. Yes there are some noises outside but I liked that. I got to be in tune with nature! You are right next to a rice field with awsome views, yet bang in the centre of Ubud. They dont harass you to take tours or do things - unlike some other places I stayed. They simply are there for you if you want the information. They organised some tours and public transport for me which was great. Excellent location, reasonable price, wonderful breakfast that changes daily and nice staff. What more could you want! I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TravellingSuky
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We originally planned to stay 3 nights at Jati and then move on to other parts of Bali, but we ended up spending 6 nights here! Dewa and his staff are awesome, so friendly and helpful. The rooms look out over a beautiful rice paddy and the porch is a perfect place to hide out and watch the rain. Breakfast every morning was delicious and refreshing and the Bali coffee was a great way to start the day. Dewa also does day tours; though he is modest about it we had an awesome day driving around to the temples and he took us to have one of the most delicious (and cheap!) meals that we have had so far in Bali. He's also a huge fan of Harley Davidson and classic rock tees, so bring one and he will be grateful forever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nagahama-shi, Shiga, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a nice place to stay if you are over the hustle and partying in Kuta, it is relaxed, has a nice atmosphere, a little off the main road in a small family compound where everyone smiles and greets you warmly. The staff is helpful and chill. We enjoyed the stay for a night, the room was not super super nice, but it was really fun because we felt at peace with the surroundings. The location is good and I would recommend it to get a glimpse of local style

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends