“Location do not cover all!”
Review of LadyBamboo Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
LadyBamboo Villa
Ranked #64 of 543 Ubud B&B and Inns
Thailand
“Location do not cover all!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nice location and very quiet beautiful garden , good breakfast are the strong point of this place !
Room is nice but furniture are looking old ! a refreshing will do some good ! Same for the main logo of the place at the entrance need a refresh
Our room was not clean , still have dirty laundry from past customers in laundry basket , stain in the bathroom , many area were simply not done at our first day !
The team are nice , but perhaps a better recheck before pass the room to customers will help !
Noisy Fan ( need service)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Xavier L
ladybamboo, General Manager at LadyBamboo Villa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thanks you for your feedback. We are very, very sorry, but our front-desk has made a mistake and checked you into the wrong room. The room was actually marked 'for Renovation' for the reasons you mentioned and more you maybe didn’t even notice:-). Therefore it was supposed not to be rented or cleaned - first we felt sorry for the guest who left their socks in the laundry basket, but contacting them after your review they said they left them by purpose. Guess you know why:-).

We were waiting for some spare parts for the door lock and for the artist responsible for the road sign. He was seriously sick, but luckily he is back now, the sign newly designed and of course fixed and the room renovated.

When we discovered that mistake we tried to contact you immediately, but as you were out the whole first day we could only talk to you on your second day. You mentioned to be happy with the room and therefore and as you only stayed for two nights we did not offer you to move. We would have actually enjoyed to get your complains on the spot and we could have immediately solved the situation.

You are most welcome to come back and stay with us in the room which was intended for you - of course with our compliments and hope you will enjoy your stay more. We will make sure you get the right room :-)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my second stay at Lady Bamboo,the location is best thing about it.The rooms are very big and the decor is excellent. The breakfast was less than average, very disappointing.The swimming pool had almost no sun at all in the afternoon, and I never in three days saw anyone clean it.When you pay your bill put some time aside, cash seemed to confuse them,I had to wait until the next day for my change,of only 30000 Rp.I paid $75.00 a night,there are plenty of other nice places in the same lane for a third of the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brian F
I'm very sad to hear, that you were disappointed from your stay here with us - but unfortunately not really surprised. I have to seriously apology for the limited services we provided during your stay and the bad experience as result for you during our most important religious celebrations during the year, Galungan. And of course we cannot expect that every guest understands, that our ceremonies and religious duties are most important for us.

Sorry that we also did not have time to talk too much and that things like the bike tour offered did not materialise as I and other staff members were out for a special celebration and meditation close to the Gods in the mountains.

Nevertheless I had to lough a little bit about your remark about the missing afternoon sun. We know you spend many hours on the pool and actually made it difficult for our caretaker to find the right moment to clean the pool without disturbing you - but we have really limited influence on the weather god, who often prefers to send us clouds (and luckily also sometimes rain) in the afternoon. Would you been here at other times there would be maybe no sun in the morning, but can we really get blamed for that?

Of course we care about every guest, especially for repeaters like you. Despite all this shortcomings you had to pay considerably more than during your first stay better room category and only could stay for a few nights. We actually mentioned those factors when you contacted us first about this stay and asking you to look for other alternatives in case you are on a budget as we could not offer you a different room for this period as were already nearly fully booked for Galungan and Easter holidays.

We are very happy as you pointed out in your last letter to us, that you intend to stay with us again.

'I did actually enjoy my stay there, I merely pointed out a few short falls… will contact you again for a stay at LadyBamboo'.

We will make sure to take especially care of you and hope to be able to book you into one of our lower priced rooms - especially if you stay a bit longer our rates are very competitive as you know.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Lady Bamboo has a good location and is quiet, nice garden and pool. Rooms are nice, In the afternoon they serve you afternoon tea, which is nice. I would stay here again. The only problem I had were the froggs "singing" at the night time, they were quite noisy. I would stay here again if I go to Ubud

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Lady Bamboo is a perfectly beautiful B & B that is secluded down a quiet lane yet close to all of the action in Ubud! Easy walk to shopping and restaurants. Within walking distance of rice paddies and viewing the distant volcano. Lovely spacious room, beautiful pool and lush landscaping! Absolutely wonderful in every way. Breakfast was a treat each day and the hosts are friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cr8joy
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This quite hotel is placed in the center of Ubud. I enjoyed the nice balinese rooms and the pool surrounded by a lovely garten.
Staff was very pleasant and organised trips and supported the contact to other guest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Claudia U
Munich
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just came back from our southeast asia tour.
We`ve been in Lady Bamboo as our first address in Bali. We felt home from the very first moment. Very nice room, lovely atmosphere, excellent food in taste and quality and a lot of nice and good informations from Lambert.
We made a visit to an organic chocolate fabric, to Green School, a bike trip to the rice fields and so on, all organiced of Lambert.
Very international people from, Australia, China, Germany, Iran, America, and so on.
A wonderful cooking event as the base of a Christmas dinner, where everybody was participating. Very nice idea!
Planning to stay just 3 days at the beginning, we ended up with 7 nights and came back for 2 more nights after 2 weeks traveling throughout Bali.
An excellent recommendation!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radolfzell
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Villa Ladybamboo is ducking in a nice quiet little corner of Ubud. The garden is very small but marvellous and full of plants, feels like being inmidst of a rain forrest. Astonishing how much privacy it gives for the rooms. Rooms are spacious and equipped with a lot of technical extras. But who comes for holidays just to watch movies on DVD? Unfortunately no tea kitchen. Extremely clean and cleaned every day.

When I arrived from a lengthy transfer I asked for a restroom but had to fill in the registration forms first. And have my welcome drink. I asked again for toilet but still they wanted to know how I intend to pay, cash or credit card. By the time I hadn't seen my room nor had my luggage been brought to. Strange, pay before you have seen the room. Then I was asked to select the recipes I would like to cook at the cooking class next day. Going to toilet getting urgent ...

I had asked for a quiet room in advance and got the one next to the restaurant. After complaint I was transferred to a different room without terrasse, but open bath room close to the spa. Unfortunately the spa is used as office at the same time. Very noisy, loud telephone calls, video conferences.

The pool was undergoing a chemical cleaning process and was not for use at the moment. Anyway it didn't look inviting.

The breakfast was tasty and sufficient, buffet style, 8-10, which is a bit late for me.
Sometime snacks are served in the afternoon and they are yummy, yummy very tasty.

The cooking classes took place in a different building two streets further down. Excellent kitchen equipment and lucky us our group was so funny and entertaining that afterwards we all went out together for lunch, dinner, activities for the rest of our stays. I must confess, that I didn't learn too much since our instructor didn't speak too much English and didn't understand our questions nor did she know the names of the ingredients. And part of the recipes she did wrong but were corrected by the manager Reki later on after one of us asked.

Couples are granted a discount for cooking classes if one of them contributes a dish from their home country. This is not granted to single travelers and the reason: Because they are disadvantaged everywhere and this is why here as well.

Rooms in Villa Ladybamboo are high priced, garden is small, pool not inviting. But you can have excellent bungalows for half price or less, as quiet and with bigger garden around the corner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo