“Tropical Paradise with amazing energy”
Review of LadyBamboo Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
LadyBamboo Villa
Ranked #73 of 555 Ubud B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Tropical Paradise with amazing energy”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I just returned from my third trip to Bali to visit family and this was my first stay at Lady Bamboo Villa. I usually stay on Jalan Kajeng because of the quiet atmosphere removed from the busy chaos of Jalan Raya. The setback entrance to Lady Bamboo added even more peace and tranquility to the property. Upon entering the villa one is enveloped by the tropical gardens and undercurrent of calming energy that immediately relaxes you and stays with you for your entire stay. I was fortunate to stay for 18 days at Lady Bamboo and don't think I have ever stayed anywhere else where I have been more welcomed and felt to be more of a house guest of the family and staff than just a guest at a hotel. Reki, the owner, and her husband Lambert have taken extra care with the hiring of staff and the decorating of the villas to pay attention to all details to make for a most enjoyable stay. This being my third trip to Ubud I have eaten in most of the local establishments and I must say that the quality of the food at Lady Bamboo, from the inclusive breakfast and afternoon snacks to the available restaurant on site, may be one of the best kept gourmet secrets in the area. This was my first trip to Lady Bamboo and definitely will not be my last for I plan to return again and again as my travels bring me back to Bali.

Room Tip: View the website for detailed descriptions and photos of the villa
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Ted T

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Canberra
Reviewed February 9, 2012

My family (2 adults & 2 teenagers) stayed at the Lady Bamboo Villa 24 - 26 January 2012. We had two beautiful rooms at the back of the property, overlooking the river. This place is so peaceful and tranquil, we did not want to leave. We were sorry that we only had two days here. All the staff were great, helpful and friendly but never intrusive. The gardens were amazing as were our rooms. The room my teenagers had could have slept a family of four easily. Our room had the most amazing bed - I wish we could have brought it home. Our rooms had fans and air-conditioning but we rarely used the air-con as the windows were so big and when open at night, the breeze was fabulous. Our room also had a lovely patio both front and back. The location was great - it is right in the centre of Ubud but you would never know it. The rooms had TV and DVD players - with a large selection of movies to choose from - great for an after dinner chill out. The pool was smallish but more than adequate for the number of guests. We all loved this place and highly recommend it. We hope to go back.

Room Tip: If your budget can manage - get one of the river view rooms.
1 Thank Buddies04
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed there with our 1.5 year old daughter for 5 nights. The compound is quite cosy and tranquil, they told us they prefer not to have families with small children staying there. I did not appreciate that first, but when we were there I could understand. Our room was at one end of the compound, the little restaurant with pool at the other end and we could hear her crying in the room while sitting at the pool in the evenings. It was nice for us, because we did not bring a baby phone and did not have to eat the dinner at the terrace in front of the room... But I am sure not all of the other guests were happy about that.
The room was great, all clean and nicely furbished. The breakfast also very good (asian buffet with the option to order western style eggs and toast), the staff and owners friendly and helpful. It is located a bit away from the main street, but within 10 min walk of it. You can actually spend the whole day within the hotel, using the pool, asking for a masseuse to come there, eating at the hotel restaurant, watching one of the DVDs provided...
I real plus is the effort the owners put in to set up a really lovely garden. It is located along the walkway between the rooms to give you as much privacy as possible and let you feel being in the middle of the tropics.
What we did not like was our mattress, which made lots of noise when turning and let us wake up at night...

1 Thank Zsuzsann
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I spent 4 days in Ubud and found the Lady Bamboo Villa to be excellent value for money and in a great location to all that Ubud has to offer.

Breakfast and afternoon teas were absolutely delicious and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

I thoroughly enjoyed Reki's cooking class and found it, in comparison to other classes, to be very well priced and an excellent atmosphere in their studio.

I would highly recommend this property to anyone who is looking to stay in Ubud - I certainly will be back!

Room Tip: There aren't many rooms at this property and all are well situated to ensure a peaceful visit.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tina L
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We arrived at LadyBamboo from the Gili Islands and were surprised and pleased to find a quite, secluded, and beautifally kept up small hotel almost in the center of the city of Ubud. Our spateous room was adequate for a family of four with a lovey terrace at the back looking out into typical Bali jungle. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even to the point of taking care of our two 4 year olds, so that we could do some shopping and enjoy the nightlife in Ubud. The management was always ready to give advice on organizing our trip, share their inexhaustible knowledge of Bali, and help in any way they could. We profited greatly from the flexible and serious advice we got from the owners on what to visit in Bali and their help in organizing day visits to Bali's many attractions.
We stayed over two weeks at LadyBamboo and can recommend it to any who are looking for a personal, comfortable and family oriented accomodation in Ubud.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This by far one of the nicest and coziest places I have ever stayed in during my travels, its the ideal guesthouse if you are traveling alone. Why? Because Reki and her husband make you feel like home instantly. Its amazing, I stayed here for only 10 days and I loved every second of it, didn't want to leave! Will always stay here in the future when I visit Ubud. The rooms are very clean, spacious and nicely decorated. I stayed in the simple garden deluxe room, nr 12, loved it. The common breakfast area is lovely and helps to make the guests interact. The pool is clean and has the perfect temperature during the hot days. The garden is beautiful. The breakfast and afternoon tea are included in the price and are wonderful, tasty and fresh. It has a great location, very central, close to the palace but far enough to be quite. But the staff are the best thing about this place, so sweet and helpful. The instant I came here I felt soothed by the atmosphere; this is of course dependent of the other guests as well when the place is so small. I was lucky.

And if you come here, you have to do the cooking class that Reki organizes. Its FANTASTIC! We were 5 people who did it together, and we cooked 15 dishes... The day starts at 8:00 when we all go to the market to by some of the supply. Then we pause for a few hours, and at 16:00 we meet up to cook for ca 2 hours and then its dinner time... We sat there enjoying our meal and chatting until 23.00!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Deliste
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

LadyBamboo was a great little villa, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was good. It is located on Jl Kajeng which in my opinion is one of the cutest streets in Ubud. Every morning before breakfast we would walk up to the end of Jl Kajeng and into the rice fields, truly lovely! I traveled with two other adults and two children under 4 and had a great time here, although being a small villa I was trying to keep my children quiet a lot, so if you have children who want to run around and be loud perhaps somewhere else would be better. This place is very intimate as there is a communal eating area, which I ended up really liking as you got to know the other guests and find out about other places to see. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family