“Nice place with friendly people”

Sania's House Bungalows
Ranked #148 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
amsterdam
“Nice place with friendly people”
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We stayed he're for 6 nights. The compound looks very nice. We had a nice and very clean room with a huge balconie overlooking the swimmingpool.

I think we payed a littlebit to much for the room. We only had a fan and no airconditioning.
Curtains in the room are white so at 6 in the morning I was always wide awake.
Bathroom is ok. We had a bathtub.

Breakfast was very good and served on your own balcony. Especially the bananapancakes were delicious! Also you get a nice fruitsalad. They serve free tea during the day.

They do try to sell you trips, but they are not pushy at all. So for us that was not a problem at all.

Location is very good. Nearby the Pasar and lots of restaurants. We loved eating at Budy's Warung that's nearby and much cheaper than the restaurant in Monkey Forrest Road.

The swimmingpool is small but very nice cool water.

They have wi-fi, but receiption is not perfect. Constantly I saw people walking by with there laptop to find good receiption. But it was good enough to get to my e-mail.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monnike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Helsinki
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I was really impressed with the compound when I arrived, the family shrine and pool are very nice, and location is central. Room was very clean and views from balcony great. However, the roosters and dogs in the surrounding dwellings start to crow very early and the top rooms are quite warm with only a fan. Considering you can get a decent room for 100 000 rupiahs in Ubud, the 300 000 I paid was a bit steep.
Also, the noise problems plague many places, if it is not scooters, then dogs and roosters, in Ubud many small roads may have a surprising amount of traffic. I am happy with the place I found now, it is close to Monkey forest road but very quiet.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We would definately recommend this guest house to others wanting budget, comfortable, clean and classic balinese accomodation. Warm and friendly staff, free breakfast, beautiful gardens and nice pool.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2010

What a wonderful hidden gem Sania's House is. My pal and I had a delightful stay.
The environment was beautiful!

p.s. If the handsome Ricka should read this, I hope I bump into you again one day.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Den Helder
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I saw Sania´s House allready when I was in Ubud for 1 day with a group and was looking forward for a homestay when the group left later on Bali and I`ll stayed on my own. They´ve showed me a room and told me to phone one day before I would like to come.

But when I came then they put me in a room which was on the back of the houses. It was dark, no sun, and therefore a room which was very moist.
I asked for another room. There was only one room free and that cost me more but it was nice and clean. And I stayed there for 5 nights with pleasure.
I´ve payed 300.000 rp. per night for one room of my own. (that other was 200.000rp)
Towelcleaning is ones in the 2 or 3 days as I remember????

Shania´s is a really nice homestay then. You walked at first trough the familycompound and then you came to the beautifull old balinese houses (see photo´s)
The boys are very friendly and helpfull.
Nice breakfast and tea at your one balcony.
A little swimmingpool but only in the morning in the sun.

Sania´s is in the middle of the centre but in a sidestreet so you don´t hear the traffic that loud. Behind the homestay is the big market, so the middle of the centre from Ubud. Very nice if you stay alone, I´ve walked all one my own also in the middle of night when it was all dark. I allways felt saved!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
l1zzy
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Stunning hotel at a good price.Lovely staff and beautiful surroundings.Nice (but small) pool.Very relaxing.Well located in the town. Would return for sure if we were ever in Ubud.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed November 17, 2009

After reading many great reviews, I obviously had a higher expectation. The room we stayed was filled with beds with old mattresses and a smelly bathroom. The location is great, a few steps from the market. However when in Ubud, we wanted to experience a bit of rural view surrounded by paddie fields, enjoy listening to nature sounds at night, and basically chill out. We heard that even the central area of Ubud town had some paddie fields left 10 years ago but it's all developed now with so many restaurants and souvenir shops. After walking around the busy buzzing touristy area, we just wanted somewhere homey that I can go back to relax and feel real Ubud. After staying Sania's for one night, we left for an amazing guesthouse in Bisma - 10 minitus walk from the centre of the town. It's in the middle of paddie fields and the rooms are so clean and decorated with beautiful Hibiscus flowers every morning. Sania's buildings were beautiful old Balinese style. I do not mind old but do mind messy and not kept clean. They could do better giving their place a bit more care. There are so many better places if you don't mind staying just outside of the centre. 10 mins walk is not far at all when you can get to stay somewhere with lovely Ubud surroundings.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family