“Best hot & sour soup I've ever had”
Review of Golden Monkey

Golden Monkey
Reserve a Table
Wed, 7/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #221 of 1,091 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: Golden Monkey Chinese restaurant is located in central Ubud and serves Cantonese and Szechuan dishes including all your classic favourites. The restaurant provides friendly service with a smile, it's elegant causal atmosphere is perfect for couples, families and friends celebrating special occasions or for people just craving some of the islands best Chinese food.
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Golden Monkey was the hidden gem we didn’t expect to find on a busy street in ubud. The first two things I noticed was that they take credit card AND wechat pay. Additionally, the food was fresh and delicious. I had the best hot and sour soup I’ve ever had in my life—better than I’ve had in the US, China and Hong Kong. Also their soft shell crab is not to be missed. They’re like crispy fries made of crab. For dessert I highly recommend the custard buns. I’m not usually a fan of sweet bao but the rich golden yolk was incredible.

Of course, service is fast and free WiFi is available. If you’re in ubud and craving really good Chinese food, this is the spot.

Please note sometimes it’s tricky to get a Grab to meet you here—the streets are narrow and mostly for motorbikes.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I come to Ubud quite often and we love coming here. The service is great and the food is consistently amazing! My wife is from Hong Kong and she was astounded to find a chinese restaurant of this calibre in Ubud of all places! Can't recommend this place enough! Try the Crispy Pork / Peking Duck / Wonton / Sechuan Fish / Custard Dumplings....mouth watering stuff!!!! Not cheap, but totally worth the price.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018

Looking for some authentic Chinese food in Ubud? Here is your spot.

We stopped here after passing it day after day walking around Ubud. We ordered the Fenkow Dumplings, Crispy Pork Belly, and Garlic Kailan. The Pork Belly was so good, you could see and taste each layer of the pork. The Kailan was garlicly and saucy. The dumplings were tender and full of veggies.

Overall it was great! We were surprised to find a really good Chinese place in Ubud!

Prices and a full menu can be found on their website if you want to have a look first.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

The dim sum was excellent! The mixed bbq plate was lackluster our honey sesame chicken was good, especially with some soy to cut the sweetness.

I would go back only for the dim sum.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Very nice place with Chinese style decorations. Absolutely clean. No need to be worried about hygene here. Nice food good taste. Price is reasonable. Service also good. Highly recommended.