“Great Dim Sum!”
Review of Golden Monkey

Golden Monkey
Reserve with Chope
Golden Monkey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 911 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: Golden Monkey Chinese restaurant is located in central Ubud and serves Cantonese and Szechuan dishes including all your classic favourites. The restaurant provides friendly service with a smile, it's elegant causal atmosphere is perfect for couples, families and friends celebrating special occasions or for people just craving some of the islands best Chinese food.
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

The dim sum was excellent! The mixed bbq plate was lackluster our honey sesame chicken was good, especially with some soy to cut the sweetness.

I would go back only for the dim sum.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Very nice place with Chinese style decorations. Absolutely clean. No need to be worried about hygene here. Nice food good taste. Price is reasonable. Service also good. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Food was very tasty (got the lunch special with KungPao chicken and wife got the honey sesame chicken and beef rice noodles).
I spent the next day violently stomach sick.

1  Thank Bobby E
Anthony S, Owner at Golden Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

I doubt that it was our restaurant that caused this as your wife didn't get sick and you'd normally you'd be symptomatic a few hours after the lunch, if you got sick the next day it would most likely have been the breakfast the following day.

Our food is always prepared fresh every day and we serve more than 100 customers per day so the turn over of food is very good.

Reviewed June 8, 2018

My partner and I visited on our last day and the food did not disappoint. Absolutely delicious, although expensive, it was worth it.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Just been to this spot in Ubud , had all my favourite Chinese food , awesome, maybe a little more expensive than some local places but I find Chinese is always more expensive.
Staff and service was perfect , quick and. efficient .
I checked out ( as you do ) the other Reviews
And there was a “terrible “ the reviewer mentions having boiled rice added to their bill and the waitress telling them that it was included which is where the “terrible “ review stemmed .
I feel I need to point out that the staff in most restaurants are local village people and probably have learned their English by working in shops and restaurants from their customers ( who for English is not even their native tongue ) so the waitress/ waiter probably didn’t understand the question and simply said yes to appease their customer and I’m sure not to deliberately deceive .
And in the response from Golden Monkey mentions the rices was $1 but actually it’s not even that much so to say “ Terrible “ I feel is unjust
Just saying

Been to Golden Monkey? Share your experiences!